Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Regulations Account for 25% of a New House >

Regulations Account for 25% of a New House

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Regulations Account for 25% of a New House

Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Regulations Account for 25% of a New House

https://economics21.org/how-to-make-...markets-fairer
Old 02-07-2020, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

National Association of Home Builders. lol Regulations cost money! That's not a reason not to have them.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
National Association of Home Builders. lol Regulations cost money! That's not a reason not to have them.
so can you have too many regulations?
Old 02-07-2020, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
so can you have too many regulations?
I suppose it's possible. Though I imagine it would come down to a difference of opinion. If we are talking about energy and safety. Our goal would be to enforce best practices which tend to drive up both construction and operational costs. I know from professional experience that business owners and operators tend to be focused on profits. Though some of the more intellectual (yes we have those here) businesses seem more interested in best practices. When a less intellectual business owner is showing interest it tends to be they wish to sell soon. Whoa be unto those potential buyers who do not exercise do diligence is all I have to say.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I suppose it's possible. Though I imagine it would come down to a difference of opinion. If we are talking about energy and safety. Our goal would be to enforce best practices which tend to drive up both construction and operational costs. I know from professional experience that business owners and operators tend to be focused on profits. Though some of the more intellectual (yes we have those here) businesses seem more interested in best practices. When a less intellectual business owner is showing interest it tends to be they wish to sell soon. Whoa be unto those potential buyers who do not exercise do diligence is all I have to say.
can't even have an honest discussion on this. No wonder you don't understand why the economy has taken off under Trump and not under Obama. But spoken like a true Democrat, you don't care what people do as long as its mandatory.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
can't even have an honest discussion on this. No wonder you don't understand why the economy has taken off under Trump and not under Obama. But spoken like a true Democrat, you don't care what people do as long as its mandatory.
FM, you did see my graphs?
Old 02-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Dominant Buck

FM, you did see my graphs?
I did see your grafts and unlike you, I actually provided the background of what actually went on behind the scenes to allow you to Google a cherry picked graph without any meaning behind it. I give you credit for being able to google and post a few pretty pictures.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Please, don't take my word for it. Take the word of the DNC Chair Donna Brazile.

Donna Brazile, the current interim chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, has been a public cheerleader for President Obama’s administration and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to replace him. In private, though, new emails are showing a different story.

Based on emails released by WikiLeaks, Brazile sent an email to Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta earlier this year saying that she felt people were “in despair” about the current economy. Brazile points out that while new jobs may have been added, they are “low wage” jobs.

She also points out that housing (in all caps) is another big issue, with “most people [paying] half of what they make to rent.

This email was sent one month after Brazile sent out a tweet applauding the economy under the Obama administration. In the tweet, she praised how a “record” 14 million jobs had been added over 70 straight months.
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/email-dnc...-public-praise
Old 02-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

In my county, they estimate regulations cost at least $100K for building a new home.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
In my county, they estimate regulations cost at least $100K for building a new home.
That translates to about $3,000 in most places. No one disputes that safety measure add cost to construction. The point is, it's worth it to spend the extra money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.