Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Impeachment Trial Question >

Impeachment Trial Question

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Impeachment Trial Question

Old 12-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

So Trump is a narcissist. So what? Its not like we didn't know that before he was elected.

You're spot on about Pelosi. Someone else is pulling her strings now.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

True enough.... we got what we voted for. Low unemployment, booming economy, and some of the wall built as promised. The POTUS performance is there but the road getting there isn't pretty and covered with casualties. The term winning at any cost comes to mind. I just saw the Pelosi meltdown again...she isn't a happy camper. If she is the face of Democrats I pity them.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Success" is not Trump being removed from office, heck, or even impeached. They have already started talking censure over impeachment. "Success" is D's winning 2020, simple as that, this isn't about impeaching Trump, but making him look bad so he won't get re-elected. I honestly believe at the very beginning they wanted him to simply resign. Problem is, they miss-read him. Even if he was considering it cause being president wasn't any fun, once this crap started he simply is not the quitting type. At that point, plan A (resignation) dind't work, and they had started down a road they were stuck on.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know if Trump thinks that being President is not "fun", but it is entertaining to think that they may have caused him to remain in office longer than he otherwise might have done.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Believe me Trump loves having the most powerful job on the planet. That is the fundamental need his particular condition requires. He certainly isn't a quitter and no matter how bad they strike at him he will retaliate in kind plus one. There is no way the Dems can bully him out of office because he is the king of bullies. That's how he runs. Winning in 2020 might have been the original plan for the Dems but they certainly didn't look past page one to see what could be around the corner. At some point when the senate thing is done and all that is left are the Dems standing with egg on their face, the GOP will be pointing out how much time and money libs wasted on a fools venture. The down range fallout will certainly be transferred to the next 2 election cycles. In the end I can see this total miscalculation from Pelosi and company as giving away the House majority to go along with the Senate. I really think that the Dems blew it and feel there might be a good chance that some of them will join the 53 GOP in voting for not guilty when and if this trial happens. My guess is there will be more than a few that will lose their own re-elections when thy come up.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with everything CI said but think Trump is even more complex than that. Like a lot of powerful people, he is a bit of a bully and does not put up with people trying to smear or bully him (Democrat tactics 101). I also think he has goals that he wishes to accomplish as President. He's accomplishing a lot of those goals while his opposition (Dems, Libs and Never-Trumpers) go for the bait and get hung up on the wall, collusion and now a phone call. All have been non-starters and will be seen historically as blunders. Meanwhile, a lot of conservative judges have been appointed, unemployment is at historic lows, the economy is doing great and a lot of people are getting the chance to see exactly what both parties have done for them. If the Senate conducts a vote on removal from office (I think they will have some kind of vote), I think Joe Manchin and a few other Dem senators will vote no, in addition to the 53 Republican Senators. I am really curious to see if all of the Dem Senators will have the discipline to be present every single day so they're eligible to vote. That'd be a bummer if they got stuck in traffic or something.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

It would be nice if our legislative leaders got back to doing the job they were elected/ hired to do.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

I think their lack of doing that is catching up to some of them.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I agree about Trump's agenda, especially in regard to trade. Trump has been a vocal opponent of U.S. trade policy with Japan and now China for as far back as I can remember. This is not something he's doing because he became President - he became President so he could do this. Seems to be having a grand time.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer View Post
I agree about Trump's agenda, especially in regard to trade. Trump has been a vocal opponent of U.S. trade policy with Japan and now China for as far back as I can remember. This is not something he's doing because he became President - he became President so he could do this. Seems to be having a grand time.
Was listening to a news thing today and some US farmers with some specific crops have been hurt short term by the trade war. I guess bean crops that were normally going to China are big losses. I didn't hear on that broadcast whether there were subsidies towards those farmers to offset the loses but the ones that were interviewed were angry.

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I think their lack of doing that is catching up to some of them.
Heard an interview from Vermont's liberal House member Peter Welch. His take was that Trump had to go but did admit that pushing that agenda could cause him some lost votes. He said he was doing what his conscience dictated. Funny I thought they were supposed to be driven by their constituents not their own opinions.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.