Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

The Demonrats are worried

Old 11-12-2019, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Demonrats are worried

The Mad Patriots

Democrats Scared to Death That GOP Will Call Bidens to Testify
Posted by: admin in Politics November 7, 2019

This week, rumors began to surface on Capitol Hill that Senate Republicans intend to turn an impeachment trial into an opportunity to fight back – hard – against the illegitimate coup currently unfolding in the House of Representatives. Should Nancy Pelosi have the guts to actually put articles of impeachment up for a vote, and should the House actually impeach Trump, a backlash of monster proportions is waiting for Democrats in the Senate. Republicans are going to flip the tables, turn the investigation back on the political opposition, and make Democrats wish they’d never dreamed up this plot.

Part and parcel to that plan: Bringing Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, to testify in the Senate.

This idea has been floated by several Republican senators and advisers who are loyal to Trump and disgusted by what the Democrats are trying to do. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has expressed interest. So has Sen. Rand Paul. And in an interview with The Daily Beast, former chief White House strategist Steve Bannon said the idea made perfect sense.

“The Republicans must call the Bidens to the hearings to answer to the nation about their corruption,” said Bannon. “In addition, it’s incumbent upon Warren and Sanders not to repeat ’16 and Clinton—but to call out the permanent political class.”

Pigs will fly before anyone in the 2020 Democratic primaries (save, perhaps, Tulsi Gabbard) throws the Bidens under the bus, but one can always hope. It would certainly rock the boat in a way that the media would be utterly unprepared to handle. You can just imagine how Pelosi and her goons would react if Sanders, Warren, and their buddies in the House “Squad” started talking about Biden’s corruption. It would be a bloody mess that would crack the already-fragile foundations of the Democratic Party.

But right now, the Dems are not anywhere close to tackling that issue. Indeed, they seem downright terrified that Republicans might actually follow through on the threat.

“It would be literally rolling a grenade down the aisle of the Senate,” said Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE). “Joe Biden is well known, widely respected, and frankly beloved by many in the Senate on both sides of the aisle. The impeachment process is already disruptive enough. I think we should be approaching it with seriousness, not by entertaining conspiracy theories that are utterly unfounded. And I think it would be a very unfortunate move.”

The thought of any elected Democrat saying, at this late stage in the game, that lawmakers should not be “entertaining conspiracy theories” is as laughable as it is galling. This is the same Democratic Party that wanted us to believe that Trump was secretly working for Vladimir Putin, right? Yeah, that’s what we thought.

Put Biden on the stand. Put his son up there. Let’s let them answer questions about Ukraine that don’t come from softball liberals like Anderson Cooper, and then we’ll see where the chips fall.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

What makes you think that Warren and Sanders will not throw Biden under the bus? It's in their interest, and then each can claim the moral high ground of fighting corruption regardless of party. Both are nearing the end of their political careers - how much damage would this do them personally, weighed against the prospect of neutralizing the frontrunner?
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I generally agree. I hope things go down that way. But I want to rain on the parade just a little bit. I agree that such is the way it OUGHT to go down. BUT . . . what if the news media does not transparently transmit the information, does not report the Biden testimony, does not pull down the bedsheets to look at the corpse covered over? What if the media says "nothing to see here folks!" Maybe that isn't possible, under the circumstances. BUT . . . that unwillingness of the news media to investigate any potential wrong doing unless it is Republican potential wrong doing is long established and is going to be in full play under the circumstances of a Senate impeachment trial. At least that is my guess.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

I think you might be overstating the strength of the media. They're burned so many bridges that they are routinely mocked and mistrusted - and not just from conservatives. Someone will cover it if the Bidens testify - count on it.

Over the past several years, all CNN has been able to do is bring ruin on their own business. They've paid into the billions to damage Trump. The only long term effect has been the complete ruination of their credibility.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

It's nothing but an attempt by the Republican Senate leadership to derail the House impeachment inquiry, by using smoke an mirrors, plus fuzzy math; in order to make a mockery of U.S. Constitutional justice.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
It's nothing but an attempt by the Republican Senate leadership to derail the House impeachment inquiry, by using smoke an mirrors, plus fuzzy math; in order to make a mockery of U.S. Constitutional justice.
, obviously you are talking about the democrats because that is exactly what they are doing. What a ridiculous statement you just made. It would appear desperation has gotten you as well as your filthy democrats.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
I generally agree. I hope things go down that way. But I want to rain on the parade just a little bit. I agree that such is the way it OUGHT to go down. BUT . . . what if the news media does not transparently transmit the information, does not report the Biden testimony, does not pull down the bedsheets to look at the corpse covered over? What if the media says "nothing to see here folks!" Maybe that isn't possible, under the circumstances. BUT . . . that unwillingness of the news media to investigate any potential wrong doing unless it is Republican potential wrong doing is long established and is going to be in full play under the circumstances of a Senate impeachment trial. At least that is my guess.
They could do just that. But, that would be giving more of the Idie websites a HUGE opportunity to gain viewership. There are enough non-mainstream news media websites that such information would get out even if the MSM stonewall the entire proceedings. And such proceedings would be like CNN covering the 1st Gulf War 24/7 when nobody else was. It would be irresistible for people who want to know what's going on and that includes people on both sides of the aisle. And then there's President Trump with his tweets.