Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Julian Assange to die in prison?

Old 11-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Julian Assange to die in prison?

On this slow news day, Yahoo News decided to write about Assange's condition in prison and pretend that it is news.

https://news.yahoo.com/assange-may-d...165954491.html

Many of the comments (far more interesting than the actual "story") disturbed me, as they thought his dying in prison was a good thing. Now I am no fan of Julian Assange, but I think he deserves credit for outing Hillary Clinton (hard to believe so many people were stupid enough to ever like her). In either case, until he has his day(s) in court, he should be treated humanely. If the accusations of his treatment are true, it is a travesty of justice, regardless of what he has done.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of people die in prison. If he does, it would really mean very little to me.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would hate to see him die before he spilled the beans he has on the filthy democrats! For that reason and if for no other, he should be kept alive and healthy.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Lots of people die in prison. If he does, it would really mean very little to me.
Its one thing to die in prison because you were unhealthy upon entry, or are serving a long sentence after due process. Neither is the case with Assange. If he dies in prison due to a preventable/imposed decline in health before any sort of trial (let alone conviction), that is injustice - even if he's completely guilty.

Nobody is above the law, but nobody is below it either.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I would hate to see him die before he spilled the beans he has on the filthy democrats! For that reason and if for no other, he should be kept alive and healthy.
Excellent point. Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy, but I hate government overreach and institutionalized injustice much more.

I would, however, consider leniency for his commendable work at harming Hillary Clinton.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Things that make you say Mmm... I have to wonder what he could spill on Republicans as well??? I'm "guessing" that he probably could....

I wonder about things like Snowden, and metadata... What yet may be revealed by Wikileaks???

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 11-08-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I am just glad he will die in someone else's prison. No taxpayer burden on someone who isn't societies best friend.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Criminal, spy, and rapist. If his life is in danger where he's at. I suggest they transfer him to Wakefield as soon as possible.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Criminal, spy, and rapist. If his life is in danger where he's at. I suggest they transfer him to Wakefield as soon as possible.
Accused criminal, spy, and rapist. Convicted of nothing. That's the injustice. If he's guilty, try him, convict him, and lock him up. If he's not guilty, let him go, although he has only himself to blame for the time in the Ecuadorian embassy.

Personally, I believe he is guilty of espionage, as the evidence is damning, but the other stuff, evidence seems contrived. Frankly, I don't understand it - Who needs a rape conviction if you can get an espionage conviction? Kinda like ordering a diet coke with your 1,500 calorie burger.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do y'all know what charges Julian Assange is faced with? As far as I know, the charges are NOT spying or exposing politicians. I think he is charged with what seems like a flaky sexual assault. I think it is a matter where he and the woman had a previous history of consensual sex, stopped having sex, and at some later time had sex but afterwards the woman decided she hadn't consented and had been manipulated into the sack. Or maybe it was a woman who met Assange at some public event, was very adoring of Assange, met with him after the event, had sex with Assange, and later decided she hadn't consented to have sex but was manipulated. I think it is this kind of "crime" that Assange is accused of.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service