Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
In case anyone is stupid enough to believe the circus is a prelude to impeachment >

In case anyone is stupid enough to believe the circus is a prelude to impeachment

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

In case anyone is stupid enough to believe the circus is a prelude to impeachment

Old 10-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
No, you are, please stay there!
My suggestion is quit feeding the troll.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Heard a report today that there will be a vote of the House on impeachment on Thursday...

Do you know why there will be a vote? Graham and McConnell sent a memo to Piglosi that included the names of 50 senators that said they will not vote in favor of any impeachment ruling from the house that has not followed precedent or allowed the accused to have any input. So if Piglosi kept going the way she is then she knows the senate will never convict. Basically Graham and McConnell just "trumped" her plan. Pun intended.

Edit, 6:11 PM... The report I just heard stated that the Thursday vote will be a vote to "formalize the impeachment inquiry", not an impeachment vote... Not sure if the first report I heard clarified that. If it did, I missed it...

I wonder if you eve understand what this means? Tor formalize the inquiry means they will have to agree to give the accused full access to all info and to be able to put forth a defense. It also gives the minority party a say in how things will be done. See my above on why this is being done.
I think you are a little ignorant about what is going on. Your hatred of trump is coloring your common sense.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I said that the vote would happen... It happened...
Crazy days coming...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-31-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
I said that the vote would happen... It happened...
Crazy days coming...
Man I really thought you were better than that.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

If the premise of this thread is that there will not be an impeachment vote (not that procedural B.S. that happened this week), I must respectfully disagree.

Pelousy is between a rock and a hard place. If the Democrats don't vote to impeach, their credibility will be in the toilet, especially among their own base. Any political capital they had hoped to gain will be lost and then some. They HAVE to hold an impeachment vote. Trump will have the Democrats for lunch if they DON'T vote - they'd be playing right into his hands.

Unless they can come up with something substantive, the Democrats are toast; they're all in now. I believe that if they hold an impeachment vote, it will fall largely along party lines, with a few Democrats voting "no", but that the vote will still pass. So I think Trump will be impeached, but the Senate won't convict without something more than that worthless Ukraine call.

It also seems that if the Democrats had anything, we would have seen it by now. Even the Drudge Report is losing interest in the impeachment story - the country is getting sick of it all. Also not buying the "most of the country favors impeachment" line.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

They already have no credibility with anyone with a brain the size of a grain of rice, other than another imbecile democrat. Time to pack their bags and go home for good.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

It does seem like we would have already heard about any evidence or proof that the Democrats had by now. They tend to leak a lot of things like they're trying to gin up support in advance.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

If D.J. Trump does not resign in the near future...or by him not being carried out of the Oval Office by the F.B.I as a result of impeachment --- there will be a total breakdown of our political and democratic institutions. And as a result...the U.S. Constitution will wind up being thrown in the trash bin, as a tragic symbol of the United States failed legacy to oust this compulsive liar, narcissistic rogue of a president.

Last edited by Erno86; 11-01-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added a word
Old 11-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ahh, he has been talking to his leftist handlers again and they gave him some words with more than one syllable. Sad!
Old 11-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
If D.J. Trump does not resign in the near future...or by him not being carried out of the Oval Office by the F.B.I as a result of impeachment --- there will be a total breakdown of our political and democratic institutions. And as a result...the U.S. Constitution will wind up being thrown in the trash bin, as a tragic symbol of the United States failed legacy to oust this compulsive liar, narcissistic rogue of a president.
You grossly overestimate Trump's enemies. Most are flaccid, impotent, and incompetent. Paradoxically, it is their very weakness as humans that makes them hate Trump so much. Trump will remain in office, and probably be reelected. Crying in the streets of Berkley is not the same as "total breakdown of our political institutions".

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service