Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control >

Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control

Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is a good place to get ammo, they have most everything and they only have one charge for shipping no matter how much you buy. I use them all the time. https://www.grafs.com/
Old 09-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Wow, so Walmart only accounted for 2% of guns sales in America. The big news is they accounted for 20% of the ammo sales. Talk about not knowing your customer.
agreed, I'm pretty shocked they would give up a 20% market share of ammo sales...
I'm not certain if they're going to stop selling "assault rifle ammo" too, or just handgun ammo?
either way it's a lot of sales gone, and around here I know many people who buy most of their ammo from wally world. Especially bulk common ammo, 9mm, 223/5.56 etc...
Old 09-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
I'm not certain if they're going to stop selling "assault rifle ammo" too, or just handgun ammo?
I think what I read said "Short- Barrel Rifle and handgun ammo"?

They may come to find that "SBR" ammo isn't just .223. They're going to have to stop selling .22LR? .308? I know a couple people who have 6.5 CM in a "SBR" format...

No matter. I don't even buy TP at Wal Mart.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only ammo I ever buy from Walmart is 22 shells. I wonder if they will keep selling those since so many 22 handguns exist? I handload nearly all my centerfire ammo so I never look there for those and I get shotgun ammo from Academy when it is on sale.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
I just don't have a problem with that.

I think walmart has just as much right to choose whether to sell certain ammo and allow guns in their stores as I do to own guns.

The conservative belly aching over it kind of reminds me of entitled millennial liberals. You do not have a right to buy Ammo at walmart or carry your rifle around in their stores. Being allowed in walmart at all is a privilege not a right Just like when you come on my property I make the rules and the only thing you have the right to do if you don't agree is leave.
My issue isn’t Walmart stopping selling items so much as touting it as an example for “common sense gun control” measures for Congress to look into. Again, which of these measures actually stops mass shootings?
Old 09-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Bingo, however I do get upset at another company jumps when people who aren't even their customers complain. It's like the CEO doesn't know who their customers are. The fact they are pulling some ammo just makes folks who shop there frustrated and they piss them off. For a company that has calculated every person who comes through their door will spend 250k over their lifetime in the store, what a bonehead move.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I am betting the ammo and guns aren't a high percentage of their business. Just an excuse to drop and unproductive line and blame it, not on profitability but rather a public issue like gun control. Everything is lining up for the big government gun control blitz. They are just waiting for the right circumstances like another sandy hook to kick it in gear. In the mean time banning CC in many places and stores pulling out of the traditional gun and ammo sales. It is like a large net closing in on all sides.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been in only two Walmarts here in town. One is about 75-80% "Ghetto" - if you get my drift - and the other, makes me feel like I am the minority, because I don't know what language they are speaking! Like everyone, I can pick up Spanish here and there, but over in the shoe dept, I have NO IDEA what language these two ladies were speaking while trying to get a few boxes of children's shoes for their kids. It may have been Arabic (Farsi?) or something? I don't know...

Getting back on point, I don't go into Walmart unless I absolutely have to, only because something is on sale and/or in the mail in a newsletter/flier in their fishing department. I am always looking at Rapala lures to add to my collection in my tackle box. I know... I know... Cabela's and Bass Pro are both nearby in the outer suburbs, but Walmart's prices are ridiculously cheap!

Edit: I *refuse* to buy ammo at Walmart, because Lord only knows how long it has been sitting there! The last time I saw Winchester White Box .45 ACP ammo for my 1911, I actually had to brush dust off the top of the box!

Last edited by ButchA; 09-06-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have never gone into a Walmart. Several decades ago thy tried to force a store into the twp where I live, no one in the twp wanted it, least of all the people who lived in a nice development that the parking lot of the store would have backed up against. Every weekend an organization that formed to stop the store had hot dog sales around the twp to raise money, I always stopped and gave them $5.00 for a hot dog to help the cause. The store would have caused traffic nightmare in a relatively rural area not to mention destroying property values of those who would have had to deal with a huge parking lot up against their property with bright lights on all night and the noise and litter that would have came with it. The township turned them down several times and they would appeal. Finally they gave up and didn't push it any further. At one time Sam Walton said they would never build a store where it was not wanted, his offspring did not have that attitude. The only people who wanted it were people who lived miles away and would not have been affected. I don't care if they are giving stuff away, I won't go in their stores .
Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

I support Walmarts right to CHOOSE what they sell. Just like I support the right of a baker to decide what cake he makes.

Our guns and rights wont just disappear at the snap of a finger (not without a fight at least). They will disappear slowly and in small, incremental ways.

Remove our ability to buy ammo. Make it difficult to get. Or too expensive. Impose lengthy, expensive background checks. Imposing additional tax stamps on firearms owners. Etc.

It will be the small steps where we just sit back and say "well they did that... But I still have my guns" and one day we'll wake up and say "what happened?" When do we put our foot down?

Where will my kids buy ammo? Circa 2030-2040? How about my grand kids? What will this topic look like in 2060? I think it will look very different and be a large chapter in the history books.

One way or another.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.