Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Personal Experience >

A Personal Experience

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Personal Experience

Old 09-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I miss driving in texas where slow moving traffic or folks turning pull over to the shoulder and let the faster moving folks pass. Little old ladies in Cadillac's doing 80mph.

Sorry for your troubles flags. Glad you are okay! But come on, this was a car accident. They happen all of the time. I'm fortunate enough to live in area much like Texas in that many drivers have no license or Insurance. (which is why we have no-fault insurance) Most of them are not "illegals" just crooks.
CI you want to lock them up for a car accident?
Not to be TOO matter of fact here Mickey.
But "illegals" ARE criminals.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
IIRC, I believe even the native Americans pushed out the original inhabitants when they emigrated.
and who would that be the bison?
Old 09-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, nope. I have off and on read about this subject and it involves a lot of different peoples with separate and distinct features, cultures, etc. The US as it stands today had different groups of people in it, not all of them American Indians. Obviously people living here today descend from some of these people but not all of them. It's interesting to read about but by no means do they have it all figured out.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
Karma's a bitch.
I would really like this "gentelman", and I use that term quite loosley, to explain exactly how this was karma. Karma is defined as: a word meaning the result of a person's actions as well as the actions themselves. It is a term about the cycle of cause and effect. According to the theory of Karma, what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their actions.

I would like to point out that I have been driving since I was 15 years and 9 months old in accordance with the state law of CO. I am now 56 years old which means I have been driving for 40 years. This is the first accident I have ever been in. I have never damaged another persons property, have never crossed into another person's country illegally and have never caused another person any mayhem at all. As a matter of fact the only traffic violations I have ever received were 2 minor speeding tickets that I got while I was still in high school. So what actions have I done that would make this incident "karma?"
Old 09-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

From the liberal mindset.....Illegal criminal didn't do anything wrong by sneaking into America and deserves to be here. House them, feed them and offer them jobs but if they don't want to work take care of them. Not his fault he ran into you so it must be your fault.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

I've always objected to the euphemism "undocumented." It's definition would seem to mean the person does not have documents to prove they are a citizen. It seems like the term is offered to mean the person somehow forgot their documents at home or need to get the documents replaced at DMV, Social Security, etc. The reality, however, is the person never had the documents which would make them an illegal alien (legal definition) or someone trespassing into this country illegally. Ergo, a criminal.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've always objected to the euphemism "undocumented." It's definition would seem to mean the person does not have documents to prove they are a citizen.
The official term used in the US laws is ILLEGAL ALIEN. Good enough for me.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
I would really like this "gentelman", and I use that term quite loosley, to explain exactly how this was karma. Karma is defined as: a word meaning the result of a person's actions as well as the actions themselves. It is a term about the cycle of cause and effect. According to the theory of Karma, what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their actions.

I would like to point out that I have been driving since I was 15 years and 9 months old in accordance with the state law of CO. I am now 56 years old which means I have been driving for 40 years. This is the first accident I have ever been in. I have never damaged another persons property, have never crossed into another person's country illegally and have never caused another person any mayhem at all. As a matter of fact the only traffic violations I have ever received were 2 minor speeding tickets that I got while I was still in high school. So what actions have I done that would make this incident "karma?"
Uh flags, is it possible you are unfamiliar with the concept of karma?
Old 09-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always objected to the euphemism "undocumented." It's definition would seem to mean the person does not have documents to prove they are a citizen. It seems like the term is offered to mean the person somehow forgot their documents at home or need to get the documents replaced at DMV, Social Security, etc. The reality, however, is the person never had the documents which would make them an illegal alien (legal definition) or someone trespassing into this country illegally. Ergo, a criminal.
Actually the term "undocumented" came into popularity when migrant workers benefited our economy. Actually they still do but contradicts the narrative some have wedded themselves to.
It's the most accurate description we have though. Because it labels foreign born individuals who lack the proper documentation to be in our country. The thing is historically they are here and then they are gone. A lot has been made of some staying and raising families. Some even trying to get their children into college. But the fact is nobody knows how many are here in the first place. By nature they are migrants and they tend to migrate sometimes in Mexico alone and others here. Anyone who has lived near them has no doubt seen them lining up at the Western Union sending money home to their families. Ask yourself this: would a low wage earner do this if he did not plan to return? Here is a fun fact. Leonard Chapman, director of the Federal Immigration and Naturalization Service during the Ford administration stated he was facing a "vast army that's carrying out a silent invasion of the United States" (sound familiar? It should). He estimated that there were twelve Million illegals. No one has any idea where he got those numbers. The Irony here is that many believe his robust enforcement of our borders actually forced undocumented workers to stay in the United States. Before, the border was very porous and workers essentially came and went as work dictated.

Leonard Chapman was a decorated marine who served his country with distinction for roughly four decades or so. I mean no disrespect to his service or memory I post only for education and pleasure. MF

So as you see nothing has changed in all those decades and our economy has continued to grow despite our best efforts.