Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Muslim Speaker Will Surprise You >

Muslim Speaker Will Surprise You

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Muslim Speaker Will Surprise You

Old 08-25-2019, 03:06 PM
  #1  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 17,338
Default Muslim Speaker Will Surprise You

Imagine what a Muslim person might say at a Jewish conference if allowed to speak. Definitely worth watching.


https://israelunwired.com/the-son-of...ely-shock-you/
CalHunter is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:43 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Not worth watching after all. I'm sure you know who this guys is and what he's done(?). I'm pro-Israel, but I can't get behind someone who turns on his own people. Too Ayn Rand for my taste.
Oh well
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 02:19 PM
  #3  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 12,958
Default

I am for anyone who wakes up and pizzes on the Wheaties of Muslims. If you are for Muslims, you are against America! Which should be no surprise to anyone here.
Oldtimr is online now  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:15 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Not worth watching after all. I'm sure you know who this guys is and what he's done(?). I'm pro-Israel, but I can't get behind someone who turns on his own people. Too Ayn Rand for my taste.
Oh well
"Too Ayn Rand for my taste??? Please elaborate...

Edit: I responded to Micky before I viewed Cal's video... Cal, I don't believe this video is new... Can you date it???

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 08-29-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Lunkerdog is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 07:19 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
"Too Ayn Rand for my taste??? Please elaborate...

Edit: I responded to Micky before I viewed Cal's video... Cal, I don't believe this video is new... Can you date it???
The way he stresses the individual over the group. Particularly when he converts to "Christianity" disavows all denominations and believes Christ came to free us from religion? This is not really in the video but like you said he's been active for a long time.

He's not worth anything IMHO.
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 08-29-2019, 08:40 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
The way he stresses the individual over the group. Particularly when he converts to "Christianity" disavows all denominations and believes Christ came to free us from religion? This is not really in the video but like you said he's been active for a long time.

He's not worth anything IMHO.
Still not sure about the Ayn Rand connection??? Have only read "Atlas Shrugged"... As I understand it, she has three books with in the "Library of Congress"... Go figure???

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 08-29-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Lunkerdog is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 06:28 AM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Still not sure about the Ayn Rand connection??? Have only read "Atlas Shrugged"... As I understand it, she has three books with in the "Library of Congress"... Go figure???
Atlas Shrugged, and Fountain Head are what I was thinking of Chiefly. IMHO Individualism lends to responsibility rather than license. Ayn Rand and this Fellow Mosab Hassan Yousef subvert the meaning for their own "individual" goals.

ATB

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 08-30-2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: changed an e for an a
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 08:15 AM
  #8  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 17,338
Default

It is interesting to read all of the comments about the video. I received the video link from a Pro-Israeli email and was intrigued that they were sending a video link for a Palestinian speaker. There wasn't a transcript so I wasn't able to post any text. Which meant a person would have to actually view the video to comment about specifics in the video. In the beginning, there were something like 90 views with no comments. Then Mickey posted about it being too "Ayn Rand" and the guy turning on his own people. If you watch the whole video, what he says is a little different.


Lunkerdog, I didn't get a date for the speech in the link but believe it was in 2016 based on this article (see link below).
http://reformationharvestfire.com/20...s-the-problem/

Mickey, your comment about not being able to get behind someone who "turns on his own people" is interesting. If extrapolated to other incidents & subjects, that could lead to some interesting discussions.

Here's a 2017 video from the UN. Again, pretty interesting. I'm not a diplomat and have never attended a UN meeting so the video was quite interesting.
CalHunter is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 01:58 PM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Atlas Shrugged, and Fountain Head are what I was thinking of Chiefly. IMHO Individualism lends to responsibility rather than license. Ayn Rand and this Fellow Mosab Hassan Yousef subvert the meaning for their own "individual" goals.

ATB
I have to admit that I have a very limited knowledge of Rand's history, but know enough too know that her writing was very much influenced by events in her life... Particularly her childhood in Russia... At this point I don't agree with your assessment of her...

Atlas Shrugged is a fictional novel that I admit is a bit far fetched in part... But IMHO it is based on sound political philosophy... Every time I hear new news out of Venezuela I can't help but think that the current situation in that country could be a chapter torn from the pages of Atlas Shrugged...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 08-30-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Lunkerdog is offline  
Old 08-30-2019, 03:20 PM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,681
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Not worth watching after all. I'm sure you know who this guys is and what he's done(?). I'm pro-Israel, but I can't get behind someone who turns on his own people. Too Ayn Rand for my taste.
Oh well
Without successful individuals.
We cannot have a successful nation. Just the way it is.
Doesn't matter if its a Religion, nation or city.
We must first be successful individuals.

Your comment speaks volumes about your mindset, though. And where you would line up.
sconnyhunter is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.