Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Secret Service Agents spill the beans >

Secret Service Agents spill the beans

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Secret Service Agents spill the beans

Old 05-26-2019, 03:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Secret Service Agents spill the beans

secrets of a former secret service]agents
Very interesting, but not all that surprising. Scroll down to read what Kessler thinks of the presidents he served.
And now, you'll know the rest of the story. Interesting snippets from Ronald Kessler's book about our presidents.

JOHN & JACQUELINE KENNEDY
He was a philanderer of the highest order, had affairs with many women including Marilyn Monroe. Jackie ordered the kitchen help to save all the left-over wine from State dinners, mixed it with fresh wine, and served again during the next White House occasion.

LYNDON & LADYBIRD JOHNSON
LBJ was as crude & over-sexed as the day is long. Both JFK and LBJ kept a lot of women in the White House for extramarital affairs and both had set up early warning systems to alert them if/when their wives were nearby. Both were promiscuous and oversexed men. She was either naive or just pretended to not know about her husband's many liaisons.

RICHARD & PAT NIXON
A very "moral" man, but very odd, weird, even a bit paranoid. He had a horrible relationship with his familyand was almost a recluse.
She was quiet most of the time.

SPIRO AGNEW
A nice, decent man. Everyone in the Secret Service was surprised by his downfall.

GERALD & BETTY FORD
A true gentleman who treated the Secret Service with dignity and respect.
He had a great sense of humor. She drank a lot, ended up in rehab due to prescription drugs & alcohol!

JIMMY & ROSALYN CARTER
A complete phony who would portray one picture of himself to public and very different in private, e.g. would be shown carrying his own luggage, but the suitcases were always empty. He kept empty ones just for photo ops. He wanted people to see him as pious and a non-drinker, but he and his family drank alcohol - a lot! He had disdain for the Secret Service and was very irresponsible with the 'football' with the nuclear codes. He didn't think it was a big deal and would keep military aides at a great distance. Often did not acknowledge the presence of Secret Service personnel assigned to serve him.
She mostly did her own thing.

RONALD & NANCY REAGAN
The real deal - moral, honest, respectful and dignified. They treated Secret Service and everyone else with respect and honor, Thanked everyone all the time. He took the time to know everyone on a personal level. One favorite story was early in his Presidency when he came out of his room with a pistol tucked on his hip. The agent in charge asked: "Why the pistol, Mr. President?" He replied, "In case you boys can't get the job done, I can help." It was common for him to carry a pistol. When he met with Gorbachev, he had a pistol in his briefcase. She was very nice, but very protective of the President, and the Secret Service was often caught in the middle. She tried hard to control what he ate. He would say to the agent, "Come on, you gotta help me out." The Reagan's drank wine during State dinners and special occasions only, otherwise they shunned alcohol. The Secret Service could count on one hand the times they were served wine during family dinner. For all the fake bluster of the Carters, the Reagan's were the ones who lived life as genuinely moral people.

GEORGE W. & LAURA BUSH
The Secret Service loved him and Laura Bush. He was also the most physically in shape who had a very strict workout regimen. The Bushes made sure their entire administrative and household staff understood that they were to respect and be considerate of the Secret Service. She was one of the nicest First Ladies - if not the nicest - ever. She never had any harsh word to say about anyone.

BILL & HILLARY CLINTON
Presidency was one giant party. Not trustworthy. He was nice mainly because he wanted everyone to like him, but to him life is just one big game and party. Everyone knows about his sexuality. She is another phony. Her personality would change the instant cameras were near. She hated - with open disdain - the military and Secret Service. She was another who felt people were there to serve her. She was always trying to keep tabs on Bill, obviously didn't trust him.

ALBERT GORE
An egotistical ass who once was overheard by his Secret Service detail lecturing his son that he needed to do better in school or he would "end up like those guys," pointing to the Secret Service agents. Another complete dishonest, phony.

GEORGE H. & BARBARA BUSH
Extremely kind and considerate, always respectful. Took great care in making sure the agents' comforts were taken care of. They even brought them meals. One time she brought warm clothes to agents standing outside at Kennebunkport. One was given a warm hat and, when he tried to say "no thanks" even though he was obviously freezing, the President said "Son, don't argue with the First Lady. Put the hat on." He was the most prompt of the Presidents. He ran the White House like a well-oiled machine. She ruled the house and spoke her mind.

BARACK & MICHELLE OBAMA
Bill Clinton all over again - hates the military and looks down on the Secret Service. He is egotistical and cunning. He looks you in the eye and appears to agree with you but turns around and does the opposite. He has temper tantrums. She is a complete bitch who basically hates anybody who is not black, hates the military and looks at the Secret Service as her servants.

A ‘TRUE STORY ABOUT’ General McChrystal's resignation in Obama's office from General McChrystal's book! 'NEVER STAND IN LINE AGAIN'. Some men carry and handle their diplomacy better than others. When former U.S. Military commander in Afghanistan, General McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren't going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.
"It's not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it's my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief," McChrystal replied, and he handed Obama his resignation.
Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal's resignation, the President took a cheap parting shot. "I bet when I die you'll be happy to piss on my grave." The General saluted and said, "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I'd never stand in line again."

Don't look back......your not going that way![/QUOTE]

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-26-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting. Surprising yet not so surprising, considering some of the people mentioned.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I agree pretty interesting. I might have the book a listen if it hits audio. I've heard from other service members along the same lines on different podcasts and such.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

I just checked I didn't realize book was released in 2009. I'm going to give it a listen. If I think about i'll add some thoughts when I finish it.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a very interesting book and his other books sound interesting as well. Can you imagine waiting on Michelle Obama as a waiter? i waited tables and tended bar during college and some stereotypes are true when it comes to tipping. However, there is a level lower than bad tipping and that is how some people treat wait staff.

Black women are by far the worst of the worst (generally speaking). They will run you like a dog and leave a pittance of a tip or nothing. I have little doubt that is how Michelle Obama acted during her stay in the White House.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, party line all the way. Like you said not very surprising at all.

ATB
Old 05-27-2019, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Party line describes pretty much all of the news/punditry media and most books and authors. Like most other books, you have to wade through the stuff the author thought was worth including to get to the parts you the reader consider important. In this case, we get to see a little more of what each President and many first ladies were like outside of the public spotlight. It's not a complete view of each President, just more information than what each of us likely knew already.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a story about President Reagan when he was Governor, I was working construction and popped into a Deli restaurant to get some lunch. I was pretty dirty and ragged looking, I'd been working hard in the hot sun. Some guy at the next table was giving me the stink eye, no big deal, I made a lot of people uncomfortable trying to decide if I was Wolf or Dog. The guy with his back to me (Governor Reagan) turned around, glanced at me and told his bodyguard he's OK and to relax. Then started up a conversation about the menu, what was good etc.
A year later I popped out of the brush with my six dogs after three days Hog hunting and came face to face with a mounted group. Everybody got nervous, I had a rifle slung over my shoulder and the dogs were worrying the horses a little. Governor Reagan says he's OK I know him. He asked if my dogs were OK with horses, I said they aren't going to bother them and they know enough to stay out hoof range. He then offered me a drink of cold Lemonade, it was west coast mid-summer and hot, that lemonade really hit the spot.
My impression of President Reagan is he was generally a lot nicer than necessary, The German word is Mensch, which really doesn't translate well but roughly means a nice guy or gentleman.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Hmm, party line all the way. Like you said not very surprising at all.

ATB
Yup, party line all the way... The question for me now becomes... Is it the truth??? I have to admit that it seems to be slanted...
Old 05-28-2019, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Yup, party line all the way... The question for me now becomes... Is it the truth??? I have to admit that it seems to be slanted...
I think like Cal there are no surprises in anything anymore. I'd guess the fact that Right leaning opinions are selling pretty well these days factors in. It's as much a matter of targeting your audience as relaying facts. But then again, I've never heard a bad word said about Gerald Ford. So, that section may well be true.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 05-28-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service