Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trade Deficit Hit New Record

Old 03-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Trade Deficit Hit New Record

Duh, with a good economy, people are spending money. Trump can't stop something that's meaningless. The only thing I will say, if Trump gets a new deal with China announced later this year, it will be the booster shot in the economy that counter acts the Democrats push to ruin the good economy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/decembe...nt-11551877494
Old 03-06-2019, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Duh, with a good economy, people are spending money. Trump can't stop something that's meaningless. The only thing I will say, if Trump gets a new deal with China announced later this year, it will be the booster shot in the economy that counter acts the Democrats push to ruin the good economy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/decembe...nt-11551877494
Great info FM... What I can't figure out is why Trump feels that this deficit is a bad thing?... He constantly moans about it... It's a sign of a strong U.S. economy...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 03-06-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Great info FM... What I can't figure out is why Trump feels that this deficit is a bad thing?... He constantly moans about it... It's a sign of a strong U.S. economy...
Because he is using it as leverage in negotiations. Trade deficits are power at the negotiating table.

That is precisely why China is even at the table.

Much the same way he wanted to "get out of NATO."

These people don't just come to the table and give things away. They have to be forced to the table and have things taken away.

Last edited by rockport; 03-07-2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Because he is using it as leverage in negotiations. Trade deficits are power at the negotiating table.

That is precisely why China is even at the table.

Much the same way he wanted to "get out of NATO."

These people don't just come to the table and give things away. They have to be forced to the table and have things taken away.
lol, yet the trade deficit is at record high despite what Trump is doing. Why? Because nations don't buy things, people do.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 03-07-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol, yet the trade deficit is at record high despite what Trump is doing. Why? Because nations don't buy things, people do.
Come on now are you just pretending you don't get it?

Do you believe trying to negotiate a better deal with China is a good idea?

Last edited by rockport; 03-07-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Come on now are you just pretending you don't get it?

Do you believe trying to negotiate a better deal with China is a good idea?
lol, I object to him punishing the American people. I'm not sure about your ability to choose how you spend your money and perhaps you need the government assistance. I know for sure I don't require the government to help me spend my money. I do just fine without their help.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol, I object to him punishing the American people. I'm not sure about your ability to choose how you spend your money and perhaps you need the government assistance. I know for sure I don't require the government to help me spend my money. I do just fine without their help.
Let me know when you are prepared to answer the question and address the actual point I have made.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Let me know when you are prepared to answer the question and address the actual point I have made.
I already answered that question before you even asked it. You seem to be having comprehension problems today.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

U.S. trade deficit hits record high. ... The government said Wednesday that the U.S. tradegap in goods and services reached $621 billion last year, its highest total since 2008. And the U.S. deficits in goods with China and Mexico surged to record highs.18 hours ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/economy/u-s-trade-deficit-hits-record-high-does-it-matter
Old 03-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I already answered that question before you even asked it. You seem to be having comprehension problems today.
No you sure didn't speaking of comprehension problem(actually honesty problems)

You will get no more from me unless you decide to be a big boy.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service