Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Federally Paid Child Care?

Reply

Old 03-05-2019, 09:44 AM
  #41  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,335
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
yeah, you're one of those Democrats who thinks the debt ceiling is silly We can continue trillion dollar deficits forever. Economic principles only apply to other countries. It's better to bury your head in the sand and let trouble pass. When crap hits the fan, blame Republicans.

Seeing how you don't pay attention to financial news, the world is softening to buying up anymore of our debt. What's your solution to this in order to fund your new program that you're already to jump on board and support?
Oh FM are we back to the debt again so soon. Okay, I think we should pay our debt down without doing harm to the most vulnerable in our society.

Could you knock a plan real quick?
Mickey Finn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:08 AM
  #42  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 35,639
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Oh FM are we back to the debt again so soon. Okay, I think we should pay our debt down without doing harm to the most vulnerable in our society.

Could you knock a plan real quick?
I have already and its stop creating programs we don't need and only produces more people needing the programs because you kill all other alternatives. What was your response? To mock me. So take your BS elsewhere.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:20 PM
  #43  
Super Moderator
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 16,241
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I like FM. Also, I realize I've used chicken little in the past. But his narrative has a circular nature so...


I have this GIF for flag waving.
I like FM too. I just hate admitting it so much.
CalHunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:42 PM
  #44  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,335
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I have already and its stop creating programs we don't need and only produces more people needing the programs because you kill all other alternatives. What was your response? To mock me. So take your BS elsewhere.

...and off I go.
Mickey Finn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:57 PM
  #45  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 35,639
Default

Did I call it or did I call it The Democrat Mickey thinks trillion dollar deficits can go on forever. Other countries have to worry about that stuff
Fieldmouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:46 PM
  #46  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location:
Posts: 661
Default

He does seem to think there's no end of printed money or tipping point. How do you define an Independent?
elkman30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:10 AM
  #47  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 11,398
Default

If you looked up the word independant in the dictionary, you would not find MF's picture under see example below. One thing is universal in this country, it s very rare to find a socialist that admits they are a socialist, they prefer the term "progressive" which is a real joke, now if they called them selves regressive, they would be accurate. Bernie and AOC are two of the few but then they are too stupid to know the results of what they promote.
Oldtimr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:38 PM
  #48  
Nontypical Buck
 
Lunkerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 1,914
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Most people struggle to nail down the political view of a Libertarian. A lot of self proclaimed Libertarians included. For some it's just a choice outside of the two dominant parties. (one less dominant at the moment). It attracted me when I lived in Texas and the Libertarian party was gaining some real momentum. Went to rallies, talked with people, and helped with campaigns to get them on the ballot let alone elected. But mostly they were rich people lashing out because of taxes. I guessed at the time they didn't like any restraint on their pleasure seeking more than being interested in solving any problems we were heading into. Lunkerdog, let me tell you it was the eighties and everyone seemed to be lost and grouping for something. Fuel prices had dropped and there were armies of displaced workers setting up tent cities outside of and in some cases inside of the major cities. To me the Libertarians seemed out of touch with what was going on. Their solution seemed to be walled neighborhoods or what they called gated communities. Blinders on, just drive your Cadillac 80 mph past them and all will be well. I wouldn't say they haven't had an impact though. Concealed carry, fireworks, marijuana legalization, the end of Glass-Steagal. All of these things are in keeping with the Libertarian mindset.

I'm sure you have noticed some Libertarian in roads as well. Maybe not so much in your home state. But certainly Michigan, and absolutely Texas.

Some winter 'eh?
Sorry that I'm so late replying to this Mickey... Got busy, and lost track of it...

Considering that Greenspan, who was at least somewhat of a disciple of Ayn Rand was the fed chair at the time of the repeal of Glass/Steagal, I certainly can't deny the Libertarian influence on it's repeal...

That said, we have to keep in mind that it was a Republican Congress that passed the repeal, and a Democratic President that signed it... Also, though I would have to do some research to prove it, I myself don't doubt that Robert Rubin, and Larry Summers, who along with Greenspan were dubbed (I believe by Time magazine) "The Committee To Save The World", had a fair share of influence on the repeal of Glass/Steagal...

IMHO, it is a bit misleading to claim that it was Libertarians that led to the repeal of Glass/Steagal

Not sure about your reference to roads... I'm not seeing it in the interstate system...

Three quarters of our Winter was relatively mild, but it's damn sure hammering us in the end!!!

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 03-11-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Lunkerdog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:19 AM
  #49  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 35,639
Default

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Sorry that I'm so late replying to this Mickey... Got busy, and lost track of it...

Considering that Greenspan, who was at least somewhat of a disciple of Ayn Rand was the fed chair at the time of the repeal of Glass/Steagal, I certainly can't deny the Libertarian influence on it's repeal...

That said, we have to keep in mind that it was a Republican Congress that passed the repeal, and a Democratic President that signed it... Also, though I would have to do some research to prove it, I myself don't doubt that Robert Rubin, and Larry Summers, who along with Greenspan were dubbed (I believe by Time magazine) "The Committee To Save The World", had a fair share of influence on the repeal of Glass/Steagal...

IMHO, it is a bit misleading to claim that it was Libertarians that led to the repeal of Glass/Steagal

Not sure about your reference to roads... I'm not seeing it in the interstate system...

Three quarters of our Winter was relatively mild, but it's damn sure hammering us in the end!!!
its already been well established the Mickey doesn't have an idea what Glass-Steagel was all about. I've asked repeatedly what was wrong with Glass-Steagel and his reply was Google. For anyone who travels outside their town or enjoys internet banking features, this is a direct result of the repeal of Glass-Steagel.

To blame Glass-Steagel on the mortgage crisis that hit 10 years ago is a nothing burger. The crisis was all driven by politicians demanding banks lend to people who couldn't afford to pay them back. Once banks made loans, someone needed to purchase those loans which were traditionally a safe bet. All bets were off because the new loans banks were forced to provide had no historical guidance. Unfortunately today, Obama pushed the industry right back into the same hole and who bought the loans? The Fed. It's not going to be pretty the next time this crisis hits. We the people are holding trillions worth of paper notes.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:53 AM
  #50  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 11,398
Default

This^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oldtimr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service