Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Federally Paid Child Care?

Old 03-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

When he claims his libertarian leanings he means your money is his. The government is to be very liberal in how it goes about spending what you earned.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
When he claims his libertarian leanings he means your money is his. The government is to be very liberal in how it goes about spending what you earned.
I think he wants the whole country to tank. If the flood of illegals continue to cross the border, and if the Democrats keep proposing free stuff, that is exactly what will happen.

C. Davis
Old 03-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I'm trying to reconcile your above statement with your previous claims about being a Libertarian and they don't match up. I understand the point you're making about how for some people in lower paying jobs, it's simply not worth it to pay for childcare and then go to a minimum wage job. A lot of childcare providers I've met in life came to the same conclusion and went into the childcare business while their own children were young so they could find a way to balance childcare costs with working to bring in income. Without the assistance of government or tax dollars, they found a solution that worked for them, their neighbors who needed childcare and also expanded the local economy. It's a win-win that actually produces better "dividends" for our nation.
Cal, I haven't been a libertarian since Andre. As for your example of Home Childcare? I guess I'll have to take your word for it.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Now Cal, you should know better than to suggest to a liberal that people actually look for solutions to a problem other than the government giving them other people's money. If MF is a Libertarian, I am a card carrying communist.
Relax Comrade, I'm an independent.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
because it just produces more kids to demand more welfare for one. The main issue is this isn't a federal issue. This is just another program we can't afford and can't manage which means more wasted scarce resources. What part of SS, Medicare and Medicaid being well over 100 trillion dollars unfunded liabilities don't you understand? Those programs are going belly up in a few short years and your answer is to add another program.

Right...
Old 03-05-2019, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Cal, I haven't been a libertarian since Andre. As for your example of Home Childcare? I guess I'll have to take your word for it.
Thank you for the above post... I consider myself to be a Libertarian, and based on our exchanges, yer no Libertarian...

That's not to say that I don't enjoy our occasional exchanges of thoughts/ideas... Just never considered yer views to be Libertarian in nature...
Old 03-05-2019, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Thank you for the above post... I consider myself to be a Libertarian, and based on our exchanges, yer no Libertarian...

That's not to say that I don't enjoy our occasional exchanges of thoughts/ideas... Just never considered yer views to be Libertarian in nature...
Most people struggle to nail down the political view of a Libertarian. A lot of self proclaimed Libertarians included. For some it's just a choice outside of the two dominant parties. (one less dominant at the moment). It attracted me when I lived in Texas and the Libertarian party was gaining some real momentum. Went to rallies, talked with people, and helped with campaigns to get them on the ballot let alone elected. But mostly they were rich people lashing out because of taxes. I guessed at the time they didn't like any restraint on their pleasure seeking more than being interested in solving any problems we were heading into. Lunkerdog, let me tell you it was the eighties and everyone seemed to be lost and grouping for something. Fuel prices had dropped and there were armies of displaced workers setting up tent cities outside of and in some cases inside of the major cities. To me the Libertarians seemed out of touch with what was going on. Their solution seemed to be walled neighborhoods or what they called gated communities. Blinders on, just drive your Cadillac 80 mph past them and all will be well. I wouldn't say they haven't had an impact though. Concealed carry, fireworks, marijuana legalization, the end of Glass-Steagal. All of these things are in keeping with the Libertarian mindset.

I'm sure you have noticed some Libertarian in roads as well. Maybe not so much in your home state. But certainly Michigan, and absolutely Texas.

Some winter 'eh?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Right...
yeah, you're one of those Democrats who thinks the debt ceiling is silly We can continue trillion dollar deficits forever. Economic principles only apply to other countries. It's better to bury your head in the sand and let trouble pass. When crap hits the fan, blame Republicans.

Seeing how you don't pay attention to financial news, the world is softening to buying up anymore of our debt. What's your solution to this in order to fund your new program that you're already to jump on board and support?
Old 03-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, my bad. You're an Indie. Whoops!!!

Now that we've clarified that, I can see the new exchanges coming between you and FM. Do you have a gif yet of an Indie waving flag?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Ok, my bad. You're an Indie. Whoops!!!

Now that we've clarified that, I can see the new exchanges coming between you and FM. Do you have a gif yet of an Indie waving flag?
I like FM. Also, I realize I've used chicken little in the past. But his narrative has a circular nature so...

I have this GIF for flag waving.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 03-05-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service