Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Federally Paid Child Care? >

Federally Paid Child Care?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Federally Paid Child Care?

Old 03-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I'm not sure if this was meant as a brag or not. But flags the fact is not everybody can. That is why we look at possible solutions. .
If you can't afford to raise your whelps then don't have them in the first place. Therein lies the issue. Why should I have to pay for 18 years for your 10 minutes in the bedroom?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not sure if this was meant as a brag or not. But flags the fact is not everybody can. That is why we look at possible solutions. .
You see MF the problem with liberals is when they come up with another cocky mammy give away program that is doomed to fail before it is implemented, it costs all of us money, not just the liberals who want to make themselves feel good by spending other people's money. If you feel badly for someone, be charitable to them with your own money and leave the rest of us out of it. Philanthropy is giving your own money away, theft is taking and giving away my money and I look at all demoncrats as thieves.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
If you can't afford to raise your whelps then don't have them in the first place. Therein lies the issue. Why should I have to pay for 18 years for your 10 minutes in the bedroom?
Why should you have to pay taxes? or Why don't you alone don't get to decide which programs get funded?

Is this what you are asking me?
Old 03-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why should you have to pay taxes?

Because it is federally required. Don't really have a say in the matter.

or Why don't you alone don't get to decide which programs get funded?

I do my voicing my desires and thoughts to my elected officials and there is no reason for the FEDs to give $$$ to people who can't pay for their own spawn. No previous generation needed it. Why does this one?

Is this what you are asking me?

Pretty sure I never asked you anything. I made a general statement and asked a general question. I don't hold you in high enough regard to bother asking you a direct question.
Isn't it amazing that all these previous generations could do things like raise their own kids, pay for their own college, handle their own wage negotiations etc... without the FEDs being involved? How did they ever manage to do that? WOW!
Old 03-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Dominant Buck

as I already pointed put, you're against any subsidy that creates private sector jobs but all for any subsidy that creates more children parents can't afford to raise There is something really warped in your way of thinking
Old 03-04-2019, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
as I already pointed put, you're against any subsidy that creates private sector jobs but all for any subsidy that creates more children parents can't afford to raise There is something really warped in your way of thinking
Something warped in my way of thinking? Perhaps, I do prefer sight hounds to flushing breeds.

I never said anything against subsidies. I simply pointed out what they were for a point in a previous discussion. Like our friend Boca pointed out. In some cases child care can be a tremendous burden on a family. Why would you not want to lend a hand? The dividends can be quite attractive for our nation as a whole.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 03-04-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Something warped in my way of thinking? Perhaps, I do prefer sight hounds to flushing breeds.

I never said anything against subsidies. I simply pointed out what they were for a point in a previous discussion. Like out friend Boca pointed out. In some cases child care can be a tremendous burden on a family. Why would you not want to lend a hand? The dividends can be quite attractive for our nation as a whole.
because it just produces more kids to demand more welfare for one. The main issue is this isn't a federal issue. This is just another program we can't afford and can't manage which means more wasted scarce resources. What part of SS, Medicare and Medicaid being well over 100 trillion dollars unfunded liabilities don't you understand? Those programs are going belly up in a few short years and your answer is to add another program.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

I never said anything against subsidies. I simply pointed out what they were for a point in a previous discussion. Like out friend Boca pointed out. In some cases child care can be a tremendous burden on a family. Why would you not want to lend a hand? The dividends can be quite attractive for our nation as a whole.
I'm trying to reconcile your above statement with your previous claims about being a Libertarian and they don't match up. I understand the point you're making about how for some people in lower paying jobs, it's simply not worth it to pay for childcare and then go to a minimum wage job. A lot of childcare providers I've met in life came to the same conclusion and went into the childcare business while their own children were young so they could find a way to balance childcare costs with working to bring in income. Without the assistance of government or tax dollars, they found a solution that worked for them, their neighbors who needed childcare and also expanded the local economy. It's a win-win that actually produces better "dividends" for our nation.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now Cal, you should know better than to suggest to a liberal that people actually look for solutions to a problem other than the government giving them other people's money. If MF is a Libertarian, I am a card carrying communist.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

His words, not mine. If he's claiming it, he should be able to explain it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.