Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
What has Trump really accomplished? >

What has Trump really accomplished?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

What has Trump really accomplished?

Old 02-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
ok, if its manmade global warming, what ended the ice age? was no people on earth then!
RR
"Largely thanks to higher levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide."

quote:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-last-ice-age/
Old 02-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
So... As I ponder this, I ask myself if life on this planet began, and flourished in warmer. or colder climates?

If climate change/global warming is happening, is it necessarily an overall bad thing?

Climate change has been constant on this planet... As was pointed out above... Species that adapt survive, species that don't adapt, don't survive...
What's this...a "dog eat dog" world that we live in --- then???
Old 02-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty much. Just ask a dinosaur.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
What's this...a "dog eat dog" world that we live in --- then???
In this case, survival of the fittest seems more appropriate...
Old 02-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

It does seem kind of unrealistic to expect that the climate will never change, given all of the past history that's been documented. It seems like Global Warming/Climate Changers expect the rest of us to accept their premise that the climate never changes and any change must be solely because of people. Pretty short sighted.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Climate change is real, and constant and has been happening forever and always will. Are the glaciers melting, yup. Doesn't mean that will continue forever.

Did mankind effect it? Maybe, but can "we" stop it? Nope. remember that "we" is the USA and Europe, you're forgetting the world.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH View Post
Climate change is real, and constant and has been happening forever and always will. Are the glaciers melting, yup. Doesn't mean that will continue forever.

Did mankind effect it? Maybe, but can "we" stop it? Nope. remember that "we" is the USA and Europe, you're forgetting the world.
I'm not sure whether earth has gone beyond "the point of no return," in relation to the majority of melting of all ice on our planet, including climate extremes in relation to climate change --- or not. But with the proper technology, the wherewithal of the human race, and maybe along with the help of certain sentient ET entities from other star systems --- We can try to persevere in the salvation of our planet and the biological life that inhabits it.

Cheers...

Erno
Old 02-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
I'm not sure whether earth has gone beyond "the point of no return," in relation to the majority of melting of all ice on our planet, including climate extremes in relation to climate change --- or not. But with the proper technology, the wherewithal of the human race, and maybe along with the help of certain sentient ET entities from other star systems --- We can try to persevere in the salvation of our planet and the biological life that inhabits it.

Cheers...

Erno
huh? You can't even prove humans are having any impact on climate change. It's why your side must continue to change the words they use. How about first proving that we are, to what extent and then we can decide what if anything we should do about it. I've lived through global cooling hysteria. I've gone back in news articles to the 1800s and have read the same stories with just cooling and warming changed out. All the predictions and the hysteria is the same. So until actual proof and not guesses is shown, don't bother me.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
huh? You can't even prove humans are having any impact on climate change. It's why your side must continue to change the words they use. How about first proving that we are, to what extent and then we can decide what if anything we should do about it. I've lived through global cooling hysteria. I've gone back in news articles to the 1800s and have read the same stories with just cooling and warming changed out. All the predictions and the hysteria is the same. So until actual proof and not guesses is shown, don't bother me.
I've read about threats to our planet. The list is long and the science is sketchy at best. What I mean by sketchy is they often don't know the "why" and the "when" can be imprecise. Example; magnetic polar reversal, they've postulated 95% of the magnetic field protection of the earth disappears for a time during the reversal. They say the when and how long, appears totally random. Note; the magnetic north location shift has accelerated in recent years.

Atmospheric percentages of the most common gases are radically different at different locations on the planet right now, at different altitudes and at different times in our planets history (sometimes radically different). Making decisions on an average, like CO2 can be misleading, or in other words, a best guess type thing.

The apparent die-off of plankton, the last I read was the number is down around 35%. But this one is also hard to quantify as the numbers shift geographically and seasonally. Or in other words, the results are best guess type results. The impact of this becomes apparent when you know that most of the free oxygen in the atmosphere is created by these microscopic critters. And when they die the carbonates (CO2) they've collected sinks to the ocean floor effectively trapping CO2 there.

The amount of Methane on the ocean floor either in hydrates or subsurface is staggering. And becomes relevant when you know the greenhouse effect of methane is somewhere around 28 times higher than CO2. Glacial movements, water temperature, and earth crust shifting can releasee this Methane.

A whole lot of studies on the variations of the earth orbit around the sun. Basically, it varies and the distance from the sun changes, the amount of radiant energy the earth receives changes.

Next question is why was the last ice age pretty much a northern hemisphere event?

They burn off the fields every year on much of the planet to prepare the fields for planting which releases copious amounts of CO2, NASA actually has pictures of these burns, the size and range are staggering. China emits more CO2 than the E.U. and the U.S. combined.

The destruction of the lungs of the planet, the rain forest, has to have some effect.

The list goes on. And as long as the same people who told me "if I liked my health plan I could keep my health plan" are trying to tell me renewable energy is the only cure for global warming and climate change, I'm going to remain skeptical.

There are a whole lot of things that can affect climate and atmospheric composition. And a lot of science has no definitive answers as to why. And like Fieldmouse said I've been through these scares before, I remember the articles about oxygen levels rising and how this could ignite the whole planet, the articles about methane releases from methane hydrates messing up the atmosphere and about a new ice age etc. Asteroids and CO2 seem to be the flavor of the day right now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw...e-interesting/

Last edited by MudderChuck; 02-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH View Post

You're right. But it's hard to come up with a sound reason not to move towards cleaner "greener?" sources of energy. Also adapting more responsible habits as far as every day activities. Our biggest problem is that each side takes everything to the extreme when they should be coming up with a sensible, measured and reasonable approach to solving these basic problems.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service