Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
What has Trump really accomplished? >

What has Trump really accomplished?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

What has Trump really accomplished?

Old 02-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Careful. Their eyes glaze over when you pester them with facts. That's a great question by the way.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
ok, if its manmade global warming, what ended the ice age? was no people on earth then!
RR
That was caused by dino farts I think

A 70 ton animal makes allot of gas

-Jake
Old 02-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
Typical mindset:

"If you can't attack the data...attack the people."
You have to present DATA first.

You failed to do so.

And for your information, consensus is NOT science. There is no data that has proven global warming, Sorry I meant climate change.
But to point out to you, that the climate has been in constant change since the dawn of the planet.

It has survived several ice ages followed by thousands of years of stable habitable climate. Where flora and fauna flourished. We know this because we use their byproducts for some of our daily activities.
And we have glacial moraines evidencing that there were miles of ice over our planes in the past.
There is also a constant amount of water on the planet. Where some glaciers are melting others are growing.

The sea levels haven't appreciably changed since the last ice age.

So you may now retreat to your safe space and let your head explode.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

I guess the real question, or challenge, for those with the brains to do this stuff is to successfully predict what the changes are, and what we need to do about them.

I've seen melting glaciers, that I was blessed to see first in 2004 and having seen them again in later years. And there's no doubt in my mind that THOSE glaciers were melting. There's lakes where it was a mountain of ice previously. But that's not say others aren't growing.

I also don't think we can stop climate change by driving electric cars, or not burning coal. So it's not how we stop it. But how we adapt to it. Failure to adapt is a recipe for disaster.

​​​​​​ And it wouldn't take much. One famine, and we're all in trouble.

-Jake

​​​​
Old 02-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

So... As I ponder this, I ask myself if life on this planet began, and flourished in warmer. or colder climates?

If climate change/global warming is happening, is it necessarily an overall bad thing?

Climate change has been constant on this planet... As was pointed out above... Species that adapt survive, species that don't adapt, don't survive...
Old 02-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
So... As I ponder this, I ask myself if life on this planet began, and flourished in warmer. or colder climates?

If climate change/global warming is happening, is it necessarily an overall bad thing?

Climate change has been constant on this planet... As was pointed out above... Species that adapt survive, species that don't adapt, don't survive...

I'll take winter over 80 deg all day long.
But it's kind of hard to support a community if it's cold all year.

I would have to guess that warmer is better, assuming it isn't accompanied by drought.

-Jake
Old 02-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

"climate change"
Old 02-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

^ is a wealth transfer scam.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ftm...????
Old 02-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

what proof have they displayed that it is manmade and not the natural aging process of a planet? there was a time when the entire earth was tropical, for millions of years, then an ice age, now the temperature is like 6 degrees warmer??? and a hole in the ozone layer caused by Co2, if I remember what I was taught in school, animals breathe in oxygen, and breathe out carbon dioxide, plants take in carbon dioxide and expel oxygen, don't see a problem here.
RR

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service