Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Conservative Pundits Say Trump Wussed Out >

Conservative Pundits Say Trump Wussed Out

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Conservative Pundits Say Trump Wussed Out

Old 01-26-2019, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life View Post
I take it you don't watch tv at all hardcast. That's all the media has been talking about, the poor government workers not getting a paycheck for the second week now having to go to a soup kitchen to eat. Tells me that they are stupid and shouldn't be working and being paid with my tax dollars if they are irresponsible enough not to be able to feed themselves after just a couple weeks missed work. Complete horse crap that the media and the workers cooked up to put Trump in a bad light as usual.
yep, it's the best example on where Trump lost the argument and now the wall. While they were trashing Trump, he remained silent not making his case with the American people daily. It amazes me that a person like Trump who is a marketing genius fumbled the ball this bad during the shutdown. It's also why they Democrats have won this because Trump is now powerless to shutdown the government again.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Trump has shown time and again hes playing chess not checkers. He has gotten 2 nominees thru the supreme court.....turned the economy around.....getting us in better trade deals and out of crappy ones. If you only digest network news then no, you dont hear about this, you just hear about his "failures". The people who support trump arent going to change...the people on the left arent either, but i have to feel hes doing a lot of what he does for the battle of the people in the middle. Time and again ive heard trumps lost, trumps a goner for sure yet he keeps chugging along.....i dont think the wall fight is over
Old 01-26-2019, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote View Post
Trump has shown time and again hes playing chess not checkers. He has gotten 2 nominees thru the supreme court.....turned the economy around.....getting us in better trade deals and out of crappy ones. If you only digest network news then no, you dont hear about this, you just hear about his "failures". The people who support trump arent going to change...the people on the left arent either, but i have to feel hes doing a lot of what he does for the battle of the people in the middle. Time and again ive heard trumps lost, trumps a goner for sure yet he keeps chugging along.....i dont think the wall fight is over
Nope, the fight isn't over... A thought that I've had, is that Trump may actually be solidifying his argument for declaring the need for the wall as a National Emergency... Once the Dems refuse to fund the wall again on the 15th, Trump will claim that he has tried all he can to negotiate with the Dems, and that they have left him no other option but to declare a National Emergency...

Oh yeah... This fight is going to go on for a long time... Still not a Trump fan, but have to admit that he may be thinking farther ahead than I initially gave him credit for...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 01-26-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess we'll have to see what happens on Feb. 16th.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon View Post
What will Lush Rimbaugh say?
You and Erno obviously listen. Fill us in on what he said.

C. Davis
Old 01-26-2019, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Nahhhh, they're too busy listening to their talking points. It would have been nice if Trump could have got the wall 2 years ago but Ryan and the rest of the establishment Republicans squandered their opportunity with Trump in the WH. It's not that they didn't know how or didn't understand the process. They did. They had both houses and could have pressed forward with a President who would have stood firm. But they didn't. Instead, they bet on Trump getting removed from office or some other bogus hope. Ryan was Romney's VP choice. That ought to say a lot. Romney who can't stop trying to get his 15 minutes of fame for being a sellout, just like McSame, Boehner, etc. So here we are, 2 years later. Trump is still trying to get the wall funding passed with a split Congress. Yeah, Ryan is so smart he blew his chance to make his mark.

Trump is still trying to get Congress to do their job and fund a wall to protect our country. A lot of people think this is him blinking. Many of those same people have complained about Trump talking too tough, Trump flexing our muscle around the world and Trump not doing things like the Establishment Republicans want him to roll. Those same Establishment Republicans don't want to win, fix problems or accomplish any thing. They're quite happy being a minority party so they can complain and only introduce symbolic legislation that won't get past the majority party. They're the same people who folded time and again for Obama. And they are the same people who will continue to sell us out, time and again.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
I guess we'll have to see what happens on Feb. 16th.
I think Trump blew it. He took complete ownership of the shutdown thinking the dems would be pushed into giving in and put 800000 government workers out of work. It went over a month with much of that time no negotiations happening. Had the Dems given up he would have gotten what he wanted with his position of power solid. He had to back off to get the shutdown ended. Unfortunately he painted himself right back in the corner when he said one of 2 things will happen on the 16th of Feb. Either the shutdown will happen again or he will enact a declaration of a national emergency. Neither one will work. Right back to the ultimate threat that didn't work the last time. His advisers must be going crazy. In addition, one by one the liberals are picking off for prosecution many people who either are or were close to Trump. Every one so far other than Stone have given up info against Trump. I think Trump will spend the next 2 years of his term fighting to stay afloat. His first 2 years having both majorities were his best chance to accomplish his goals. My feeling is most of the time he goes off the rails and does things that his advisers are against. I don't see Trump as a Republican I see his as a Trump who only listens to himself.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote View Post
Trump has shown time and again hes playing chess not checkers.
what a meaningless phrase.
He has gotten 2 nominees thru the supreme court....
ah, two Kennedy clerks, not Scalia clerks. We were promised Judges in the mold of Scalia. Time will tell but Kavanaugh definitely has Kennedy streaks in him. He will pride himself in the role of the waiver just like Kennedy did.
turned the economy around.....
it's doing ok but just as he has done some good things, he has turned around and done stupid things. While his temporary tax cut he got passed when he came into office, this will lead to major troubles when the rates not only kick back in but actually go higher.
getting us in better trade deals and out of crappy ones.
can you point to one of them? To date, he hasn't got us better trade deals and what he is talking about replacing NAFTA with is a disaster. Since when is it best to tax Americans? Since when has higher taxes ever lead to prosperity? How does adding addition thousands of dollars to the cost of automobiles ever help an industry in decline?
If you only digest network news then no, you dont hear about this, you just hear about his "failures".
it's just as bad on the trumpets side. When you can't analyze the policies being put in place but only dawn the cheerleading skirt, you become nothing more than them.
The people who support trump arent going to change...the people on the left arent either, but i have to feel hes doing a lot of what he does for the battle of the people in the middle.
and he has been screwing those in the middle with many of his policies . Trump thinks he is smarter than you in deciding how you should spend your own money.
Time and again ive heard trumps lost, trumps a goner for sure yet he keeps chugging along.....
you're referring to the illegal investigation. It's funny. Just like liberals are always one more tax or law in delivering us prosperity or eliminating gun violence, they're one more charge away from getting Trump. It is very hilarious I have to admit.
dont think the wall fight is over
Maybe not but Trump just surrendered his most powerful weapon, the Veto pen in budget matters. He now goes into the rest of his term unable to shut the government or buck Pelosi's will.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 01-27-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
Rush Limbaugh is just plain white trash.

If president Trump declares a national emergency and derives funds from hurricane disaster relief from the Army Corp of Engineers, or shuts down partial federal government spending again...has all the signs of an authoritarian dictatorship; with the lying right wing radical, Christian Evangelical Pence and the rest of Trump's henchmen backing him up.
Please explain how this would become a dictatorship when Trump is acting with in his constitutional right and working within the law of the land? After all, you do realize Trump didn't shutdown the government. What spending bill was on his desk that he vetoed?

second, declaring a national emergency and acting has been done around 44 times. In fact, Obama did it several times such as when he went to war in Libya. We're you just as outraged then in Obama's dictatorship? Both the constitution and the law are on Trump's side in declaring an emergency and building the wall. This is even more so than Obama's attack on Libya.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 Rush Limbaugh is just plain white trash.

If president Trump declares a national emergency and derives funds from hurricane disaster relief from the Army Corp of Engineers, or shuts down partial federal government spending again...has all the signs of an authoritarian dictatorship; with the lying right wing radical, Christian Evangelical Pence and the rest of Trump's henchmen backing him up.

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Please explain how this would become a dictatorship when Trump is acting with in his constitutional right and working within the law of the land? After all, you do realize Trump didn't shutdown the government. What spending bill was on his desk that he vetoed?

second, declaring a national emergency and acting has been done around 44 times. In fact, Obama did it several times such as when he went to war in Libya. We're you just as outraged then in Obama's dictatorship? Both the constitution and the law are on Trump's side in declaring an emergency and building the wall. This is even more so than Obama's attack on Libya.
He can't explain it, at least not logically. By any standard definition, Trump isn't a dictator. Instead, all he can do is call people names. I predict he will ignore Obama using the same emergency powers because that would require him to actually consider the facts instead of just posting rhetoric.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service