Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
25 Days and Counting, 30 Days Could Get Interesting >

25 Days and Counting, 30 Days Could Get Interesting

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

25 Days and Counting, 30 Days Could Get Interesting

Old 01-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default 25 Days and Counting, 30 Days Could Get Interesting

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...down_trap.html
Old 01-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beware of drinking the Koolaide Fieldmouse
Old 01-15-2019, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hard to say if President Trump will use it or not. It would certainly be interesting to see if the Dems react to it. At minimum, it definitely raises the stakes.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mmm... I'm honestly not sure how valid this actually is... I will say that if true, it's a way of "Draining the Swamp" that I certainly never considered/conceived of...

Also can't say that I'm comfortable with this if it's true...
Old 01-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know that Trump or the Republicans will do it but I can see where it could be one of those 3rd rail of politics that can bite both sides if it's discussed as being on the table. People in either party aren't going to be happy if their side is perceived as creating some of the problem. Very few people are going to remain loyal to their party when it costs them a job and retirement.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all sounds plausible until you consider the realities. The bureaucracy is layered. I've been through budgetary downsizing before. The top of the food chain is fairly safe. The next layer is the ones who manage the downsizing. And they tend to downsize the people they don't see on a daily basis first. You have the office personnel, you have drone types who hang around management constantly talking themselves up and spend a lot of their time doing things other than actual work (networking). Then you have the invisible, who are the 15%, the easiest to let go because management has little contact with them, the 15% are too busy to self promote and network much.

In other words, the ones you really need to keep the operation running are the first to go.

I've watched government purge the blue collar workers while middle management types keep their three secretaries. I'll grant you a lot of the blue collar types are drones too, they talk a good game, check all the boxes on the paperwork, but in reality don't accomplish much. Hard work and efficiency seldom pay off in the long term.

Laying them off is difficult, harassing them out the door is the typical tactic. But the reality is the turds float to the surface and the those that actually work and don't have the time to ass kiss and network are the first to go.

Then the aftermath, maintenance doesn't get done, things run down, get flaky and the solution is to throw a wad of money at the problem. Letting the operation run down ends up costing more in the long term than restructuring saves.

The 15% actually don't have it to bad, the worker Bees all know each other and finding other employment is seldom a problem.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

My opinion is the shutdown is nothing more than a poorly thought out plan with red lines in the sand laid out in a partisan way. Trump is used to employing bullying tactics to get what he wants. When you hold the power or the perception that you are in control, it works. Immigration reform with wall was the campaign platform Trump ran on and his base expected him to deliver. Trump is the wall and the wall is Trump. The Dems can't allow that wall to go up since it means Trump won. A measly 5 billion dollars is all it would take to end the shutdown and Congress pisses away far more money on less important things. So the real question remains who will give in? My answer is neither side and it will take a declaration of a national emergency to build the wall and end the shutdown. My guess is few of those 800,000 workers laid off will be voting for Trump in 2020 which isn't that far off now. My own thoughts are that Trump painted himself in a corner when he said he would be proud to take ownership of a shutdown. It is hard to pass the blame onto the other side when that tape is around.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

Old 01-16-2019, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

My thoughts exactly CI. Pelosi and Schumer feel the same way too. They see the shutdown as a win for them. Only hope for Trump is enough Democrats jump ship and agree for wall funding. Their political career will then be over.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of two things will happen:
1) Dems that won in Republican strongholds will cave giving enough votes to get the wall
2) Some money will come for the wall, but not all. Some agreement will be made

This will happen in the next couple of weeks. The people not getting checks are going to start feeling the pain. Especially when forced to work (Air Traffic Control for example), but not get paid, bills pile up.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service