Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks >

Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Old 12-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
great point but it still is a small step and a start. When an individual decides what is legal or illegal with respect to guns I have some reservations. Should a civilian be allowed to own a Barrett 50 cal? Legal right now but it is something I see as going away low hanging fruit because few even want to own something like that. No opposition..
I get your point... It's kind of a "Death by a thousand cuts" point of view...

Not sure that I agree in this particular case, but your point about past restrictions does make me consider it..

Another concern is a point that both you, and Stealthy have made... If this is done it will make those that own these stocks criminals if they don't "turn in or destroy" these stocks... We all know human nature... Most who own these stocks will be reluctant to do either... So will this create a new class of "illegal" gun owners???

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 12-06-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Banned

So should we allow people with arthitis in their hands to have full auto, since they are disabled?

Many argue that the 2A allows that, which is different discussion.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
duck dodge weave is the MO of the liberal so which position(s) are you now claiming you never took. A simple cut and paste will prove you wrong. That is unless you complete the liberal circle and go back and edit your prior posts.
By all means go ahead and cut and paste where I said the words you put in my mouth man.

I will be OUTSIDE muzzle loader hunting all weekend encase you get the urge to further over rate yourself and think I'm "dodging" or "ducking" you.

Last edited by rockport; 12-06-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
By all means go ahead and cut and paste where I said the words you put in my mouth man.

I will be OUTSIDE muzzle loader hunting all weekend encase you get the urge to further over rate yourself and think I'm "dodging" or "ducking" you.
I don't need to. It was a simple question and you couldn't list one. Be careful, don't burn your lips tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I don't need to. It was a simple question and you couldn't list one. Be careful, don't burn your lips tomorrow.
duck dodge weave
Old 12-07-2018, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
duck dodge weave
why are you posting your current position? As I recall, you were asked to post which of your positions you took that I posted was incorrect? Are you now claiming the last option of no position is your position? Why did you duck? Already forgot what you posted? You do know you can go back and reread your own posts. It's called navigating using your mouse.

My bad, sales 101 always requires you to know your audience. So perhaps I missed an important piece called the definition of "position "
position - "a person's particular point of view or attitude toward something."

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 12-07-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I can't for the life of me figure out how in the hell a bump stock can aid a handicapped individual. If it is supposed to aid in trigger reset for someone with minimal finger control then it fails miserably for anyone with that little of control. If you have ever tried to operate an AR with a bumper then you will know what I am talking about. If you haven't, then you have no clue about that which you are speaking of. I do believe that little aid for the handicapped is 100% horse excrement. It is a device solely designed to circumvent full auto regulations and anyone that says different is either blind, stupid, or just a liar. And fieldmouse, if laws didn't have loopholes, there would be no need for lawyers. Loopholes are a lawyers bread and butter. To say they don't exist was about as stupid a statement as I have seen from you and I have noted some real whoppers fly from your fingers. But not that stupid.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

This above!
Old 12-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out how in the hell a bump stock can aid a handicapped individual. If it is supposed to aid in trigger reset for someone with minimal finger control then it fails miserably for anyone with that little of control. If you have ever tried to operate an AR with a bumper then you will know what I am talking about. If you haven't, then you have no clue about that which you are speaking of. I do believe that little aid for the handicapped is 100% horse excrement. It is a device solely designed to circumvent full auto regulations and anyone that says different is either blind, stupid, or just a liar. And fieldmouse, if laws didn't have loopholes, there would be no need for lawyers. Loopholes are a lawyers bread and butter. To say they don't exist was about as stupid a statement as I have seen from you and I have noted some real whoppers fly from your fingers. But not that stupid.
no, liberals have loopholes whether or not you believe in the reported purpose for a bumpstock doesn't matter. The fact remains, just because one uses a bumpstock or not, does not mean the gun will kill anyone. There is zero reason to make bumpstocks illegal unless your plan is to go down that slope to ban all guns. Don't feed the left anything specifically when there is zero reason to.