Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
GM Closing 5 Plants and Laying Off employees >

GM Closing 5 Plants and Laying Off employees

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

GM Closing 5 Plants and Laying Off employees

Old 11-28-2018, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Really, you allow your kids to live in virtual reality rather than reality mouse, that sounds like abuse to me!
I guess that depends on what their "reality" is like.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I wouldn't buy a used car. Almost Never have and wouldn't want to inherit someone else's problem vehicle. I just like new and always have. Bought 1 used car for the youngest daughter as a high school car but followed it with a new one when she graduated college. Tough break for the plants that are closing. I wonder how many they have still remaining in Canada and Mexico? The bailout still sticks in my craw and now this.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-28-2018 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Really don't care. I drive Ford trucks. You couldn't give me a GM product since the taxpayers had to float them something like $50,0000,000 and after getting it they still let their union continue to toss the company into the sewer.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 AM
Dominant Buck

My bet is quality control will be slipping on new units going out after this announcement. The powers to be did this as a way to help their bottom line. I predict it will blow up on them and actually start a major decline in that business. Lots of American consumers will remember the bailout and see this as a slap in the face.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I won't buy anything from Gooberment Motors! In a twist, in the wake of GM's announcement, BMW is planning another American plant!
Gooberment Motors moves are not about political economics, it's about the economics of poor leadership decisions and building products that people don't want!