Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
CNN Reporter Press Pass Ordered to be Reinstated By Judge = Wrong!! >

CNN Reporter Press Pass Ordered to be Reinstated By Judge = Wrong!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

CNN Reporter Press Pass Ordered to be Reinstated By Judge = Wrong!!

Old 11-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
So what, who cares and it doesn't prove a thing to support your inane claims! By the way, any fool can put something on Wikipedia.
Oh...but you would probably like Lester, since Lester had a run-in with the White House himself.

May I suggest that you read my Wikipedia link about Lester Kinsolving --- if you hadn't done so already.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why would I read anything link you post, they are the most inane and worthless things available. At if you are gong to be another cut and paste boy, at least use credible information. Wikipedia is worthless .
Old 11-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
I just read the 5th amendment 3 times. I see nothing in that which aligns with this. Even the 1st amendment is questionable since it states that "congress" will make no laws abridging the freedom of the press. Last time I looked the executive branch is separate from congress.

There has been some talk about due process but that doesn't stand up to scrutiny either since due process means: "fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement." Pulling a press credential has nothing to do with the judicial system since no charges of any sort are filed.
I don't really care if Acosta gets his pass back or not. But the Executive branch is not above the laws passed by congress. It's SCOTUS who decides if laws are supported by our constitution.

Personally, I wouldn't want to take a case like this to an arbitrator let alone the SCOTUS. Why? because both individuals behaved like children. But I will say the young lady who attempted to get the microphone away showed incredible poise.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Again, you overlook the fact that it says, "Congress shall make no law...."
I can't think of a single person that has the absolute right to access the White House, even though it technically belongs to "the people."Even news media individuals don't have an absolute, personal, right to a WH press conference!
I will also add, a lower court judge does not have the authority to tell the POTUS who he can or can't allow to participate in a press conference! Therefore, I stand by my original opinion that the President should ignore the order unless the SCOTUS says otherwise!
Old 11-18-2018, 03:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I second the motion!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan View Post
Again, you overlook the fact that it says, "Congress shall make no law...."
I can't think of a single person that has the absolute right to access the White House, even though it technically belongs to "the people."Even news media individuals don't have an absolute, personal, right to a WH press conference!
I will also add, a lower court judge does not have the authority to tell the POTUS who he can or can't allow to participate in a press conference! Therefore, I stand by my original opinion that the President should ignore the order unless the SCOTUS says otherwise!
Technically, he is bound to follow the judges order until it's over turned by a higher court.

Nation of laws and all that.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I second the motion!
The motion is deemed dilatory (absurd in substance) by the chair.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know what it means and you are wrong again. However, I am sure you had to contact your Union handlers to give you a word to use.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I don't really care if Acosta gets his pass back or not. But the Executive branch is not above the laws passed by congress.
OK Genius, tell me what law Trump violated by pulling the credentials of ONE reporter. His news agency, CNN, is still allowed in and they have nearly 50 other reporters that cover the WH. So why is this punk so important and why should any president have to put up with blatant disrespect at a press conference? Can you answer those questions intelligently?

No president is even required to do a press brief. The first one happened during Wilson's term and the so called daily press briefing didn't come around until Slick Willy was in office. Frankly I'd love for Trump to simply declare there will be no more daily briefings and the WH will issue a weekly press release in writing to all news agencies. A nd this will have to go to the SCOTUS since the judge made a very bad call on this. Go read the 1st and 5th amendments and tell me where this aligns with what they say.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
OK Genius, tell me what law Trump violated by pulling the credentials of ONE reporter. His news agency, CNN, is still allowed in and they have nearly 50 other reporters that cover the WH. So why is this punk so important and why should any president have to put up with blatant disrespect at a press conference? Can you answer those questions intelligently?

No president is even required to do a press brief. The first one happened during Wilson's term and the so called daily press briefing didn't come around until Slick Willy was in office. Frankly I'd love for Trump to simply declare there will be no more daily briefings and the WH will issue a weekly press release in writing to all news agencies. A nd this will have to go to the SCOTUS since the judge made a very bad call on this. Go read the 1st and 5th amendments and tell me where this aligns with what they say.
Thanks for the compliment flags. Though I don't think I qualify as a genius in the strict sense. Clever and resourceful maybe...

As for Trump? I don't know that he broke any laws. My understanding is that CNN and quite a few others have decided to make a case around this "event". So, the end result will most likely be a law. I'll say again both men behaved like children and we all have to put up with the fallout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.