Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
CNN Reporter Press Pass Ordered to be Reinstated By Judge = Wrong!! >

CNN Reporter Press Pass Ordered to be Reinstated By Judge = Wrong!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

CNN Reporter Press Pass Ordered to be Reinstated By Judge = Wrong!!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
Somebody on the radio said this was ruled on as a 5th amendment issue. That doesn't make any sense at all.
Something about Jim Acosta being denied the right to due process that violated his 5th Amendment rights --- Which sounds like exactly what happened --- during and after Trump's fiasco of a press conference; including the violation of Acosta's 1st Amendment rights as well.

If President Trump avoids calling on Acosta at a WH press conference forevermore...It would turn the conference into a complete farce --- IMO.
Congratulations for CNN, Jim Acosta and the judge --- for winning Round 1 ---- that's helping save and preserve our Constitutional rights!!!

Last edited by Erno86; 11-16-2018 at 01:05 PM. Reason: deleted a word
Old 11-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by elkman30 View Post
Somebody on the radio said this was ruled on as a 5th amendment issue. That doesn't make any sense at all.
I just read the 5th amendment 3 times. I see nothing in that which aligns with this. Even the 1st amendment is questionable since it states that "congress" will make no laws abridging the freedom of the press. Last time I looked the executive branch is separate from congress.

There has been some talk about due process but that doesn't stand up to scrutiny either since due process means: "fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement." Pulling a press credential has nothing to do with the judicial system since no charges of any sort are filed.

Last edited by flags; 11-16-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is one of the most stupid things I have ever read anywhere. "Something about Jim Acosta being denied the right to due process that violated his 5th Amendment rights --- Which sounds like exactly what happened --- during and after Trump's fiasco of a press conference; including the violation of Acosta's 1st Amendment rights as well." Get into the real world Skippy! Acosta has no inherent right under the Constitution to be in the white house, who gets in is up to the President, he has no due process due to him because he was not charged with a crime, just banned for being an exceptional leftist nit wit, which seems to be synonymous with demorats and liberals. I don't know what planet you live on but it sure is not a planet that recognizes reality. You really should get better handlers because the ones you have do not make you sound intelligent. You should pack your bags and catch a plane into the real world and get out of the world according to dumbocrats.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Plain and simple...nobody with any issue with the POTUS is allowed to get close. Secret service has a job to do and if in their opinion someone shows animosity to the president they don't get close. Acosta has shown on more than one occasion he isn't a Trump fan. The only difference between Acosta and Erno86 is one has a press pass. Neither should be allowed to be in close proximity to POTUS. Sorry Acosta and Erno it is national security....no access.
I'll add this.... It take a formidable force to even make Trump sweat. It should be rather entertaining to see how this develops. I don't see the Donald saying I am sorry and all is good. Trump 1 CNN/ Acosta 0

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
Something about Jim Acosta being denied the right to due process that violated his 5th Amendment rights --- Which sounds like exactly what happened --- during and after Trump's fiasco of a press conference; including the violation of Acosta's 1st Amendment rights as well.

If President Trump avoids calling on Acosta at a WH press conference forevermore...It would turn the conference into a complete farce --- IMO.
Congratulations for CNN, Jim Acosta and the judge --- for winning Round 1 ---- that's helping save and preserve our Constitutional rights!!!
If Jim Acosta has a constitutional right to be at the press briefings, C. Davis has a right to be there.

C. Davis
Old 11-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
If Jim Acosta has a constitutional right to be at the press briefings, C. Davis has a right to be there.

C. Davis
Jagmag and the rest of us here have the right to be there too! I don't see that happening anytime soon!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

As I said...... one last press conference!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

In situations like these I tend to give them the mirror test. Say that judge said next case and the last defendant refused to stop talking and was argumentative. Chances are the judge would have him or her physically removed or jailed for contempt. They physically removed the hecklers from the Kavanaugh hearings, the Congess or the Senate are only going to put with so much.
Typical, don't do as we do, do as we say.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wouldn't it be a hoot if they called a press conference, reinstated Acosta's press pass. Then handed him the mike and all of the administration people just up and walked out of the room.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Therehere is NO right to be in USpress conference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.