Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Jeff Sessions is out >

Jeff Sessions is out

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Jeff Sessions is out

Old 11-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Jeff Sessions is out

Best news I have heard in the last 24 hours.

Sessions is probably a swell guy but as AG he was asleep at the switch in many ways.

It will be interesting to see who president Trump nominates to replace Sessions.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Surprise surprise, Dems demand Whittaker recuse himself. Like that will happen. Trump needs instead ask for Rosenstein to submit his resignation letter and cc Schumer on it.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
Best news I have heard in the last 24 hours.

Sessions is probably a swell guy but as AG he was asleep at the switch in many ways.

It will be interesting to see who president Trump nominates to replace Sessions.
Trey Gowdy Is likely. Though ever getting him confirmed has to be entertaining if at all possible.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 11-07-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Trey Gowdy Is likely.
God I hope not. He would be awful. He praised Mueller ' s work and was only good for sound bites
Old 11-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
God I hope not. He would be awful. He praised Mueller ' s work and was only good for sound bites
But from what I've seen it will be hard to out Lawyer him. Very few people have argued with his legal assessments and conclusions. I'm sure there have been many opinions, but out arguing him on facts and law has never gotten very far that I've noticed.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, he has proven he can out stonewalled in every investigation he took up dealing with the Obama administration
Old 11-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Trey Gowdy Is likely. Though ever getting him confirmed has to be entertaining if at all possible.
I would love to see Gowdy nominated... Not sure why you think there would be any issue with his confirmation since Republicans have gained in the Senate...
Old 11-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sessions out and Whitaker in? I guess Trump is more concerned than I thought.

It's going to be an interesting couple of years boys.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
I would love to see Gowdy nominated... Not sure why you think there would be any issue with his confirmation since Republicans have gained in the Senate...
I really don't know if his public persona is fact or fiction, but IMO he seems kind of an independent sort. I think they (the party) might want somebody in there who is a reliable party hack.
Though the job description does call for someone somewhat independent and it does seem like a round peg in a round hole nomination, the facts of politics may make a confirmation problematic IMO.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive long wondered if Gowdy puts on a "neutral' act in anticipation of this type of if not this exact position.

I found his talk of Mueller a little disingenuous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.