HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Make sure it is a majority vote (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/419251-make-sure-majority-vote.html)

NeverWill 10-02-2018 07:32 AM

Make sure it is a majority vote
 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...pw6?li=BBnb7Kz

I think this would be a great idea. Let's take the Senate out of the transaction and just let the majority decide everything. History would have been quite different. We sure wouldn't have to worry about those handful of voters in those midwest states picking 2 good old boys with a 1/50 vote for many things.

The coasts/majority of America could speak very loudly.

rogerstv 10-02-2018 07:51 AM

Unfortunately, the coasts (especially the west) are full of illegals and liberals. As much as Democrats argue, I believe illegals vote. Liberals stand behind foolish ideas such as transgenders in the bathroom/locker room of their choice, open borders, tax the rich and working class, give to those unwilling to work, and so on, Illegals stand with Democrats because the Democrats vow to provide free room, board, and healthcare without the fear of prosecution.

Even though we have our share of liberal nut jobs and illegals, the midwest contains enough common sense thinking people to circumvent the liberal direction by way of the Electoral College. THANKFULLY !

Fieldmouse 10-02-2018 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by NeverWill (Post 4343187)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...pw6?li=BBnb7Kz

I think this would be a great idea. Let's take the Senate out of the transaction and just let the majority decide everything. History would have been quite different. We sure wouldn't have to worry about those handful of voters in those midwest states picking 2 good old boys with a 1/50 vote for many things.

The coasts/majority of America could speak very loudly.

the Senate doesn't represent the people or that's the way the government set up to be. The framers even warned about the dire issues we face today from taking the selection of Senators out of the hands of the state legislatures and giving it to the people. That's when all the troubles can be traced back to. Instead of giving into the stalling tactics of the Democrats. It's time to repeal the 17th amendment.

JagMagMan 10-02-2018 08:58 AM


Originally Posted by NeverWill (Post 4343187)
I think this would be a great idea. Let's take the Senate out of the transaction and just let the majority decide everything. History would have been quite different. We sure wouldn't have to worry about those handful of voters in those midwest states picking 2 good old boys with a 1/50 vote for many things.
The coasts/majority of America could speak very loudly.

Our Constitutional Republic has worked very well since it's inception!

NeverWill 10-02-2018 09:03 AM


Originally Posted by rogerstv (Post 4343190)
Unfortunately, the coasts (especially the west) are full of illegals and liberals. As much as Democrats argue, I believe illegals vote. Liberals stand behind foolish ideas such as transgenders in the bathroom/locker room of their choice, open borders, tax the rich and working class, give to those unwilling to work, and so on, Illegals stand with Democrats because the Democrats vow to provide free room, board, and healthcare without the fear of prosecution.

Even though we have our share of liberal nut jobs and illegals, the midwest contains enough common sense thinking people to circumvent the liberal direction by way of the Electoral College. THANKFULLY !

Better the alternative to #45 that wants to tax the poor and further burden them with higher costs and retail pricing.

Of course your comment regarding votes in the midwest is your OPINION and just that.

NeverWill 10-02-2018 09:04 AM


Originally Posted by JagMagMan (Post 4343201)
Our Constitutional Republic has worked very well since it's inception!

One of your guys just stated that he wishes that we would not follow the constitution in this case because it doesn't suit him.

Precedent was set when Mitch decided no SCOTUS and no judges when BHO was potus. Now we deal with it.

Alsatian 10-02-2018 09:09 AM

We are uneducated children. Or at least some of us are.

One cannot undertake any serious study of political philosophy without bumping into the idea of a mixed government: a government that mixes elements of monarchy, aristocracy, and democracy. Read Aristotle's "Politics." Read Plutarch's "Lives of the Noble Grecians and Romans," specifically the life of Lycurgus, the lawgiver of Sparta. Read Machiavelli's "Discourses on the First Ten Books of Titus Livy." Of course, not only do these writers disclose the idea of mixed government, they clearly and thoughtfully explain why such mixed governments are BETTER than any of a pure monarchy or a pure aristocracy or a pure democracy. Our founding fathers were educated men, and they read these writers. Hamilton said "One cannot do better, when founding a government, than to have Holy Writ in one hand and Plutarch in the other." If you want to understand the thought processes that went into drafting the US constitution, read "The Federalist Papers."

Children, these "features" of our government were put into our constitution for a reason. Our founders actually composed this government after long and deep study and reflection. No where has radical democracy made a good reputation for itself. Read a little beyond comic books and books written in the last 20 years and you will learn why. And don't forget: "Men with their lack of prudence initiate novelties and, finding the first taste good, do not notice the poison within." The Prince, Chapter 13, Niccolo Machiavelli. Let's not go tampering around with our constitution thinking we are ever so much more clever than the founders. There is precious little evidence for that supposition.

CalHunter 10-02-2018 02:54 PM

Oh come on. ... Now you expect Will to do homework and read something? :D

elkman30 10-02-2018 03:31 PM

I believe that is McConnell's strategy. Get Kavanaugh confirmed by a majority vote. ;)

rogerstv 10-03-2018 09:37 AM


Originally Posted by elkman30 (Post 4343243)
I believe that is McConnell's strategy. Get Kavanaugh confirmed by a majority vote. ;)

Good one !


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.