Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Facebook

Old 03-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

NW, pulease stop!!!! Your incessant drivel just shows more of your ignorant, immature, preconceived, and warped illusion of actual facts!
There is not a planet in our universe in which anything that you say could be true!
I can't imagine that even YOU believe what YOU say!!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Ya NW Donald Trump is the only government guy to hand over our info. Ding ding ding ding time to wake up you are living in a fairy tale world. I am not saying Trump is perfect none of us are but he is no more crooked than any other politician. I have to ask how much of the happy lettuce have you smoked in your life to believe what you say.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

No outrage and "lock him up" cheer coming from Mike Flynn and everyone here.

Inviting dozens into the WH to get a daily briefing on TOP SECRET info when they have no chance to get approved and those same people will be using that information to enhance their personal business's.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
WOW, NW answering himself 3 times in 3 minutes. Even for him that pushes pathetic to a new high.
He forgot to switch over to his alias du jour.

C. Davis
Old 03-23-2018, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
Dems are crying foul for a simple reason.

Imagine the outrage if the fed's maintained and sold the information to 100's of millions like FB does.

I still don't see where they are crying other than the idea that FB stole information from 50 mil americans without them knowing.

I would buy PUTS on FB
The only reason Dem's are crying foul is because their tactics were used against them. Here is Obama's campaign manager Jim Messina bragging about how they own social media, and how data was used to win in 2012.

Here is a snip of it:
MESSINA: We decided on the first day of the campaign to use data across department, uhh, because it was obviously the best avenue to the truth. And we ended up using data to inform almost every major decision we did in the campaign. And we had a singular goal to run a personalized campaign where you got a different campaign than you did, uh, all based on our ability to move you and persuade you to vote and support Barack Obama. And there’s 332 electoral votes that shows it worked.
Here is another snippit:

MESSINA: We built this thing called targeted sharing. It allowed us to use Facebook to persuade people. We spent a billion dollars to figure out a simple truth: What your friends and family and neighbors say is more important to your consumer decisions and your political decisions than anything else, because you’re getting so much data thrown at you. So the final six days of the campaign, six million people logged on to Facebook through BarackObama.com and they saw a 20-second Michelle Obama video (’cause everyone loves Michelle Obama) and at the end of the 20 seconds, we had matched our data with their data. And we gave them five of their best friends who are undecided voters and said, “Click here to send them a video, click here to end is them information of those people.” Seventy-eight percent of them voted for Barack Obama.
I guess if liberals own facebook and Google, only they get to harvest and use the data.

C. Davis
Old 03-23-2018, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
The only reason Dem's are crying foul is because their tactics were used against them. Here is Obama's campaign manager Jim Messina bragging about how they own social media, and how data was used to win in 2012.
https://youtu.be/mZmcyHpG31A

Here is a snip of it:

Here is another snippit:

I guess if liberals own facebook and Google, only they get to harvest and use the data.

C. Davis
There is that little matter of it being a "FOREIGN" entity. I know Toddler is above the law but I am pretty sure that is illegal.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

If data mining is illegal, or a scandel then go after the originators. That would be Barack Obama and his friends, Zuckerberg, Larry Page, and Sergey Brin (who was born in Moscow Russia.)...imagine that. That is more "Russian collusion" than anything found on Trump in the last two years.

C. Davis
Old 03-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

An interesting read

https://www.justsecurity.org/41593/h...-russia-trump/

It would not be the first time Congress wrestled with these questions of foreign interference with the US electoral process. Following the 1996 elections, the Republican Party concluded that the victorious Bill Clinton had benefited from foreign intervention in his election. Its Senate majority organized hearings, chaired by the late Senator Fred Thompson, who opened them with the declaration that high-level Chinese officials had committed substantial sums of money to influence the presidential election. The ensuing investigation, which included a parallel criminal inquiry, did not live up to Senator Thompson’s most dramatic claims, but Congress later amended the law to tighten the long-standing prohibition against foreign national spending in federal elections. On this point, there was bipartisan unity: that the law should stand clearly and without gaping loopholes against foreign interference in American elections.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Facebook account and dislike it except to find my own old hunting buddies and meet up. People move and change jobs so they get new cell phone numbers and are hard to call. I haven't had a land line in 10 years but have two cell phones. Honestly many people, myself included, are too reliant on this new technology.

Back to Facebook, when I used it last November, I seen so many liberals upset over something or another. Those social media sites control the narrative, and we know they lean left, and it's always been Trump cheated and the elections was rigged. The left is good at advertising their narratives in public controversy. Who remembers when Obama used social media to reach the poplulation?