Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Weatherby relocates to Wyoming >

Weatherby relocates to Wyoming

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Weatherby relocates to Wyoming

Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Tell me about it. I am a 5th generation native of CO and I got run out by the LIBs. That's one of the reasons I now live in TX.
Small world flags. I am also 5th generation Colorado native (my great grandfather was born in Denver when it was a city of 5,000), and when Colorado became Californicated in the 60s and early 70s, I moved to Montana.

I still have relation in Colorado, and in visiting them I pass through Sheridan often. The Sheridan winters won't be anything like what those southern California Weatherby folks are used to.

Last edited by buffybr; 01-26-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buffybr View Post
Small world flags. I am also 5th generation Colorado native, and when Colorado became Californicated in the 60s and early 70s, I moved to Montana.
I knew there was a reason I liked you.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Grandpa was born in Sterling CO, one of 17 kids. A lot of family is still in that town. My Grandpa came to California after the Navy and made his life out here tho.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jeepkid View Post
My Grandpa was born in Sterling CO, one of 17 kids. A lot of family is still in that town. My Grandpa came to California after the Navy and made his life out here tho.
I used to work as a Navy recruiter out of Sterling. Covered 20,000 square miles of rural land in CO and NE with one other guy. I bought a piece of land north of Sterling in a little town called Peetz and I still own it. Thinking of putting a small modular on it and spending summer and fall there but I can never live in CO full time again and I don't want to pay the taxes or abide by the rules the displaced CA fools have put it place there.

My family originally homesteaded outside of Wray CO and owned a little over 60,000 acres along the Republican River. Bank got it for back taxes in the Depression. Would love to have that right now!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:09 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I have never been to Wyoming, but my husband has, and has had friends from Wyoming. My understanding is that the people are first rate and 100% pro-America, likewise the culture. But apparently, the weather is six kinds of horrible if you didn't grow up there.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

We have some relatives in Wy in Ten Sleep. Been there during all seasons quite often. Whoever sold those people on "fair weather" saw those idiots coming a mile off. Not a damn thing "fair" about most all of Wy weather. Mother Nature plays no games in Wyoming. She's all in or all out.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the term "fair weather" was probably propagated by the chamber of commerce. They were sitting in their little conference room, trying to lure in a new business, and someone brought up concerns about the weather. Someone else pointed out how the temperature does fluctuate on both sides of uncomfortable during portions of the year. Then that one person says, "Yeah, but if you average those numbers out, it doesn't look so bad." Then the phrase "fair weather" is born.

Those are the same people that will sell you on this part of Texas by saying "It's a dry heat." Like somehow heat stroke is so much easier to avoid when it is so hot outside, the humidity has literally been baked out of the air.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the dry heat here myself ( sure its still hot) I hardly ever see the heat index thing here in summer( i see it for a lot other places all the time in the summer- places id rather not be)- ( ussally in the teens to below 10% here)-( its also makes for more of the wildland & forest fires tho to) .It,s just not a matter of feeling comfortable.But i believe high humidity increases heath risks like strokes etc. The body is less able to regulates its own temps when humiditys high , with higher temps.
http://www.calculator.net/heat-index...heit&x=69&y=22

90* at 90% humidity is 122*degrees( on the heat index)
92* at 90% humid is 131*
90* here in the summer( lets say 10% humid)( is 85*) is below 90*( and thats what i see on the
local weather reports)-( what it feels like to the human body... what one is more likely to cause more health problems?
Since im trying to sell ice cubes? Heres what the calulator says for 100* 100% humid= 195*f( strangely enough thats exactly what the weather( so said the weather ppl) was when i helped someone move to Ga once 100*& 100% humid ----- 100* at 10% hmdy= 94*F But really im not trying to sell anything- i think ppl should live or anything else( put there business) whereever they like. I like less humid( haveing felt both( much more then once)- id take the dry heat everytime & everyone else should fell free to chose whatever they like.

I agree "mild" is mostly happy talk ( by who( orginally) i dont know, but i do know who said it in the above news story& if he didnt think it was truth he should have said so & or found out for himself eitherway)-( hopefully no one( all partys involved) didnt make there business deal based on weather bys vague discription of "mild climate" or what it may mean. Watching the vedio id guess Mr weatherby liked the 12+ million deal package from the state & city etc ( and got tired of doing business with its high taxes& regulations at his location in cali)- IF its critical( i seriously doubt it is) that there is "mild climate" as HE himself stated then he should again say so- no one is forcing him to take the money or make the move or take or make any business deals.

Higher elevation ( in general) can make for milder temps in the summer. Higher elev( uv rays etc increase as elev increases also) can also make for colder temps, more snow( snowpack)etc in the winter. That happens every yr at my house ( in a valley)(the elevation is about the same as denvers)/ a few or so thousand feet(up/down) seem to make a bit of diffence sometimes( it is at the base of some small mtns/very close by). The city above in the story is about 50 ft under 4000 ft( one of the lower places/citys in the state- how is it effected by its elev or closeness to the bighorns i dont know- i dont live there)

Of course Maddogs & englishmen are not the only ones who should avoid the direct mid day sun( depending on location/weather)- But i do think most sources say- worldwide more ppl die from cold then heat( including in some suprizing places)

A do totally agree wy weather( a lot of other places to) is nothing to mess with or take lightly- You gamble with your fingers/toes/hands/feet & life if you lose. And when warmer out the things that come with that to.