Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Great, get ready for training and test... >

Great, get ready for training and test...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Great, get ready for training and test...

Old 11-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Great, get ready for training and test...

Looks like the left us going to win once again. Now the word to own a firearm, you must pass a certified training class before you purchase a gun. Once they have that, look for yearly certification. After all Scalia said the second amendment isn't absolute, reasonable restrictions can be applied.

Let's hope Gorsuch is to the right of that.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the Camels nose under the tent, if/when they start piling on qualifications, restrictions, laws and regulations, firearms ownership will become so difficult few will be able to purchase one.

And most of the bureaucrats, clerks and service personnel in government are liberals. Paperwork gets lost, they drag their feet or any other stumbling block they can dream up, sabotage from within.

Germans pull the same stuff, some young female clerk demanded I show my 50 year old hunting license exam diploma. Made no difference to her that I had license renewals going back fifty years. Took me months to finally find a copy. In the mean time another government agency was putting out news spots on TV and radio asking hunters to thin out the Hog population quick because there was an outbreak of African Swine Flu in full bloom.

Germans are trying to put a two shot limit on hunting rifles and forbid auto loaders. I remember once at 3 AM climbing a gate post because around forty Hogs showed up were I was walking and didn't seem the least bit afraid of me. I say put some bureaucrat out there with two shots and see how fast he needs some toilet paper.

Once they start there is no end. I have a mental picture of firearms regulations being a thousand pages, with another thousand pages of annexes. I think the end game is to make it so difficult and convoluted most people will give up and forget about it.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 11-07-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Yep, folks have no idea just how powerful the little old clerk has over someone's life. I just learned of a story this year over a business permit that was going to be severely delayed if not denied. What does the little guy do?
Old 11-08-2017, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

MD has had the handgun certification class mandate for a while now. I had to take it so I could purchase a handgun. It's an infringement on my rights and I'm not happy about it. It's also a blatant money grab. The instructor spent half the class marketing his private tactical shooting classes....

On the other hand, I did learn quite a bit.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

How has the left won, rumors of part of the left's wish list is what it sounds like.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by chazspot View Post
MD has had the handgun certification class mandate for a while now. I had to take it so I could purchase a handgun. It's an infringement on my rights and I'm not happy about it. It's also a blatant money grab. The instructor spent half the class marketing his private tactical shooting classes....

On the other hand, I did learn quite a bit.
Yep, MD sucks in about every way except when it comes to shooting deer. Then it's a carnival.

You watch, when Hogan is gone, you will need a class certificate to buy a BB gun and a background check. It's coming and there are many so called folks in the right ready to buckle u der to this.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Thank goodness Vermont maintains it's position as a state with few gun regulations. Legal to open carry, concealed carry and an open state regarding hunting on private land. If private land isn't specifically posted we have the right to hunt without permission. If asked to leave by the landowner though we have to leave. Amazing that it remains this way considering how far left the lawmakers are here in the "Green Mountain State".
Old 11-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Need to take a test and get a certificate here in CA to buy a handgun...unless you have a CCW.

It keeps the illegals from buying legal guns since they can't pass the test.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, MD sucks in about every way except when it comes to shooting deer. Then it's a carnival.
This is true and I plan on shooting many over the next month and a half!