Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Bill O'Reilly starting his own Conservative network >

Bill O'Reilly starting his own Conservative network

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Bill O'Reilly starting his own Conservative network

Old 07-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bill O'Reilly starting his own Conservative network

Conservative News

Report: Bill O'Reilly Looking To Team Up With Sean Hannity For New 'Conservative Media Empire'
O'Reilly reportedly in talks with Sinclair about building a new conservative network that will eclipse Fox News.

ByJAMES BARRETT July 24, 2017
Bill O'Reilly has made clear he does not plan to be out of the television business for long. Since he and Fox News parted ways amid accusations of sexual harassment and an ad boycott driven by "far-left" groups, O'Reilly's name has appeared in several reports about a "more conservative alternative to Fox News" in the works. On Sunday, a journalist with connections to network insiders reported that O'Reilly may be partnering with Sinclair Broadcast Group and another long-time Fox News star to "build the future of a conservative media empire."

"My sources in and around Fox say that [Hannity] and Bill O’Reilly are potentially in talks to take their shows to Sinclair. Bill O’Reilly has wanted to get back into the game," Sherman, an MSNBC contributor, said on Joy Reid's Sunday morning show.

Sinclair Broadcast Group describes itself as "one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country," which "owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks." The network has a massive reach, including 81 markets, nearly 200 television stations, and over 500 channels.

Sinclair, said Sherman, wants to take the lead in conservative media, in part by "poaching" some of FNC's stars.

"So Sinclair really wants to build the future of a conservative media empire and poaching Fox’s biggest names would help them do that," Sherman told MSNBC. "This, again, is the groundwork for what I think will be the next conservative media platform in the post-Roger Ailes era."

Following his appearance on Reid's show, Sherman repeated his claim, but added that he's "skeptical" that the two big Fox News stars would be willing to team up due to "a lot of bad blood from their time at Fox News."

"As I reported this morning on @amjoyshow, Bill O'Reilly has talked [with] Hannity about teaming up to go to Sinclair Broadcasting, sources say," he wrote. "I'm skeptical though of an O'Reilly-Hannity alliance because the two had a lot of bad blood from their time at Fox News."

He also noted that O'Reilly is "also considering @newsmax TV as a possibly landing pad."
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would think Bill would be too old to start a major new project such as this. I'm just thinking about how much of a hassle and how intense the effort is to start a business from scratch and nurture it into flourishing life. I would think he would prefer to retire and enjoy the lucre he has accumulated from his successful book brand: "Killing . . ."

If I were Sean Hannity, I would not be anxious to leave a good thing for an uncertain start-up either.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

If Hannity is smart, he'll stay right where he is!
Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

I am not a huge of Bill. He was ok. I liked Kelley. I understand why as a mother she moved to a daytime slot, with more money. Some conservatives couldnt get that.

Plus some of the claims in his books, were starting to look like BS, last I heard. I can't stand liars.

I figured he would stay on podcasts or something like Glenn Beck.

A number of these guys have internet station. Maybe that will be the future. Not all of us have internet that will allow that yet.

Personally I think he should stay down. But I suspect ego will not let him.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

You like Kelly? What about her did you like? Her legs or her ego? As far as I am concerned it is good riddance that she is gone. Just another body with a tiny mind.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
You like Kelly? What about her did you like? Her legs or her ego? As far as I am concerned it is good riddance that she is gone. Just another body with a tiny mind.
Actually I listened to her on satellite radio. I liked the interview she did with one of the guys at Bengazi, a few other.

You mad cause she asked logical question to Trump? Like do you think you might be the best person to attract women? Reps got so upset about that. But it was no ****.

I wasn't a huge fan of Bill, I don't care for Rush either, to much ego. Sure maybe they earned it. But I prefer local conservative radio
Old 07-24-2017, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Glory is fleeting. Many loved her, and bragged how she could tear down liberals.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

So what is your point other than just saying something?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

What is the point of most of the posts on here? Its a forum.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Other than yours, they all have a point. do you think because it is a forum is an invitation to blather? You seem to think a disagreement with your opinion is an invitation to get goofy.l It isn't.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service