Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Misspelled Words >

Misspelled Words

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Misspelled Words

Old 06-01-2017, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default Misspelled Words

This is one of those stories that makes you wonder about people. some of these are kinda funny. If the article is correct:

--People in Wisconsin need to have a new word added to their school spelling lists.
--People in Florida are no longer worried about chads (hanging or otherwise) and instead are worried about how to spell receipt.
--People in Tennessee are worried about chads. Maybe the trend is moving west?
--I get why people in Washington and Michigan are worried about how to spell pneumonia but why is Alabama worried also?
--Apparently California, Minnesota, New York, Kentucky and Ohio are all worried about beautiful.
--People in Oregon want you to know they have sense (good luck Portland) while people in Nevada just want you to know what's available.
--People in Nebraska are suspicious while South Dakota is worried about college.
--People in Texas and Missouri are worried about maintenance while North Dakota has a dilemma (Keystone Pipeline)?
--Vermont is worried about Europe and New Hampshire is concerned about diarrhea (???).
--Louisiana has an issue with giraffe (I thought those were in Texas) and Georgia is worried about gray (as in blue and gray??).

Enjoy.

Map Of 'America's Most Misspelled Words' Will Have You Shaking Your Head

Nina Golgowski

HuffPostMay 31, 2017

Need help spelling Wisconsin? Maybe don’t ask someone who actually lives there.

A new spelling map released by Google this week shows each U.S. state’s most Googled word for its spelling, and yes, Wisconsin’s word is Wisconsin.

Which word does your state most commonly ask Google to spell?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/map-apos-...142909048.html

(Google)
Here's a better copy:

http://wjla.com/news/offbeat/google-...words-by-state

Last edited by CalHunter; 06-01-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 06-01-2017, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Speaking about missspelled words, my spellcheck no longer works on this site. Anyone else have the problem?
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look in the upper left corner. People in RI have a hard time spelling LIAR. Must be all the LIBs there.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

good chance it is. At least in PA it is sauerkraut.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Speaking about missspelled words, my spellcheck no longer works on this site. Anyone else have the problem?
Mine is working now but at times it seems to shut off all by itself. I never figured out why or how it came back. That can be embarrassing...it has been a long long time since I was in school and since I have been retired for 16 years I never have to write anything other than once in a while on here.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

It kicked back on about an hour after I posted that it wasn't working. Google did away with it's tool bar for all but a few generations of computers, mine is too new to be supported for the tool bar. I found a way in "settings" to open a spell check that requires you to click on a word and request spell check and it will give the proper spelling but it didn't give you the red highlight to point out misspellings. Now the old style spell check with the red highlight is working again. Since I am a computer idiot, I don't know if my actions fixed the problem or if the problem fixed it's self. So long as it is working, I don't care why.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like we are both at the same "expert level" of computer genius.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

I've noticed HNI getting buggy lately also. Spellcheck works for me but the website "adjusts" every time I click on a new link within the website.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

My spellcheck has worked fine from the getgo on this site!