Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
About those excessive free trade agreements..... >

About those excessive free trade agreements.....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

About those excessive free trade agreements.....

Old 01-24-2017, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default About those excessive free trade agreements.....

http://kingworldnews.com/paul-craig-...imely-message/ .
Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 AM
Banned

give em hell, trump.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Great article, Gstalker! Thanks for posting that! I have a feeling in the future a lot of liberals will be jumping ship to Trump's side, especially those that are in the working class.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I liked the article. I think there may be ways of redressing some of the imbalances without pulling out of the WTO. I'm not against withdrawing from the WTO, but the author of the article says that would be difficult: I assume he knows what he is talking about. It seems widely acknowledged that China offends against "free trade" norms in several ways: (1) currency manipulation, (2) tariffs on foreign goods, and (3) state subsidies -- in one form or another -- to in-country businesses. I would argue that Trump has a variety of things he can do to counter China along those lines. If the WTO is too difficult to use as an "enforcer" of the rules . . . well then it probably works that way in terms of enforcing the rules on the US. If the Chinese can get away with tariffs and the WTO doesn't burn their azz . . . we ought to do the same, and expect the WTO to be just as lax with us.

The bottom line is that the United States has the best marketplace in the world. That is an asset that we own. The world doesn't own that, we own it. We are poor businessmen, bad deal makers, bad negotiators -- to put this in Trumpian terms -- if we cannot leverage THAT most valuable marketplace in the world into big time economic value for our people. By the way, the corporations don't own that marketplace either -- it truly is a national asset, collectively owned by the masses of the country.