Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
My opinion, but your views are welcome >

My opinion, but your views are welcome

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

My opinion, but your views are welcome

Old 04-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
I do think the idea that they agree to serve as each others VP is unrealistic because it's obvious that Trump would never agree to be second chair.
In which case he will have proven he cares nothing about the nation or the people and he is willing to let Broom Hilda or Bernie the Red take over. At some point they need to look at the big picture. It ain't about them, it is about us.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bdan68 View Post
Trump will not try to take away our guns. Hillary will.
really, not long ago he was all for the assault weapons ban. Also, one vote away from the SC amending your second amendment rights. Is a guy who is committed to cutting deals really going to preserve that open spot on the SC for a conservative? Trump couldn't even give the definition of what it means to be a conservative. Ah, ah it means to conserve. lol
Trump will attempt to secure our southern border and try to solve the illegal immigration problem. Hillary will not, and will welcome more illegals in, and provide them with more taxpayer supported benefits than citizens get.
Really, how so. What happens when Schumer says no to building the wall? What about the NYT recording that out there where it's described as just campaign talk? Furthermore, what do you think "They must go home and then they can come right back here legally means? It means they become citizens and get all the benefits they want. Furthermore, what happens when they decide not to leave? What happens when Chuck Schumer stands in the way of any deportations and floats a deal they just get citizenship? A guy without core convictions and long held positions isn't the guy you want negotiating with Chuck Schumer.
Trump will try to prevent Islamic terrorists from coming into our country. Hillary will continue with Obama's policy, and won't even acknowledge that there's an issue.
I hope he follows through.
[/quote]
Just a few of the major differences between a Trump and Hillary presidency.[/QUOTE]One
Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
In which case he will have proven he cares nothing about the nation or the people and he is willing to let Broom Hilda or Bernie the Red take over. At some point they need to look at the big picture. It ain't about them, it is about us.
Well, I just don't agree that Trump being unwilling to serve as Cruz's VP indicates that he cares nothing about our nation or our people. Cruz and the Republican establishment with all the stop Trump moves have created this mess. It's time for the party fat cats to grab Cruz by the neck and let him know it's time to end his losing campaign and throw his support to Trump.

Cruz has lost. The only way he can get the nomination is to force a brokered and divided convention. And even then, Kasich thinks HE can get the nomination. None of that is going to sit well with some people. How many people will be ticked off enough to have an effect? I don't know.

I've been watching interviews of Newt Gingrich by Hannity. Gingrich seems to think the Republican establishment is smart enough to give up and make sure Trump gets the nomination, even if he doesn't quite get to the magic 1237.

I don't know if Trump will hit 1237 or not. But the people have spoken. We DO NOT WANT Cruz.

Sorry FM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

FM, I don't care about the wall and I don't care if it's just "campaign talk." The president alone will not decide what happens with illegal immigrants, or what exactly is done to prevent more from coming in. But simply, I trust Trump to do the best he can to improve the situation. He's not controlled by the special interests/donors like Ted Cruz and many others would be. Trump is our best chance to get this problem under control. The Republican establishment and Democratic establishment have both proven that they don't want to solve the problem.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cruz has lost. The only way he can get the nomination is to force a brokered and divided convention.
Cruz can't "force a brokered and divided convention" as you claim. The only one that can actually do that is Trump if he fails to get 1237 delegates. If he falls short then that means he didn't convince the majority of the voters to line up behind him. He may very well have more votes as an individual but that point is moot in accordance with the convention rules currently in place. If Trump wants to avoid a brokered convention, even though it is actually known as an open convention, then all he has to do is win 1237 delegates. If he doesn't do that, he doesn't get the nomination because he has no ground game and he has no plan B.

As for me, I don't care at this point who gets the nomination. But I do want them to unite the party because failing to do that will destin them to fail in a spectacular manner in Nov. The time to act childish is over and both Trump and Cruz need to put on their big boy pants and take care of business.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, I just don't agree that Trump being unwilling to serve as Cruz's VP indicates that he cares nothing about our nation or our people. Cruz and the Republican establishment with all the stop Trump moves have created this mess. It's time for the party fat cats to grab Cruz by the neck and let him know it's time to end his losing campaign and throw his support to Trump.

Cruz has lost. The only way he can get the nomination is to force a brokered and divided convention. And even then, Kasich thinks HE can get the nomination. None of that is going to sit well with some people. How many people will be ticked off enough to have an effect? I don't know.

I've been watching interviews of Newt Gingrich by Hannity. Gingrich seems to think the Republican establishment is smart enough to give up and make sure Trump gets the nomination, even if he doesn't quite get to the magic 1237.

I don't know if Trump will hit 1237 or not. But the people have spoken. We DO NOT WANT Cruz.

Sorry FM.
LOL, if Trump fails to win 1237, the party doesn't want him either, lol

However, its funny how this is Cruz's fault or even the establishment's fault. Certainly it couldn't have anything to do with the media and all the free press Trump has gotten. No not at all. The media has our best interest at heart and will remain exactly who they are and continue to give Trump a free pass in the general. We have nothing to worry about.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bdan68 View Post
FM, I don't care about the wall and I don't care if it's just "campaign talk." The president alone will not decide what happens with illegal immigrants, or what exactly is done to prevent more from coming in. But simply, I trust Trump to do the best he can to improve the situation. He's not controlled by the special interests/donors like Ted Cruz and many others would be. Trump is our best chance to get this problem under control. The Republican establishment and Democratic establishment have both proven that they don't want to solve the problem.
lol, its great to have you're blinders on in order to ignore decades of being out for one and only one person, Donald Trump!

Just a question regarding Cruz and his so called special interest. Is it bad to go to DC and do exactly what you said you would due during your campaign? Oh, that's right. You already said keeping campaign promises doesn't matter to you. My bad.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

As for me, I don't care at this point who gets the nomination. But I do want them to unite the party because failing to do that will destin them to fail in a spectacular manner in Nov. The time to act childish is over and both Trump and Cruz need to put on their big boy pants and take care of business.
I asked this but got crickets. What exactly has Cruz done that can even remotely be considered childish? I can go down a list of things Trump has done, but Cruz? Really?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I predict Trump will get the 1237. The GOP's and the other candidates efforts to prevent him from getting the nomination have actually worked for him. Trump was disliked in the beginning by many and now that feeling is aimed towards the GOP. Trump was polled as the winner in Tuesdays New England primaries but I think his win was far bigger than the pundit forecasts. The minimal vote Kasich and Cruz got are telling. I think flags and Cr's theory on what needs to happen to put a GOP in office is valid.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is an opportunity for the Republican Party to become relevant by supporting the candidate that the people want, rather than the one preferred by the party establishment.
The party establishment would rather have Hillary as POTUS than Trump. Sad but true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.