Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
science wrong again - hurricane predictions >

science wrong again - hurricane predictions

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

science wrong again - hurricane predictions

Old 08-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default science wrong again - hurricane predictions

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/201...son/index.html

(CNN)The United States hasn't been hit by a major hurricane in the past nine years, and it seems like that luck might continue.

There is a 90% chance of a below-normal hurricane season and a lower chance of expected storm activity, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Climate Prediction Center, which has updated its 2015 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook.

Funny - I remember the past few years hurricane predictions UP

they were wrong
Old 08-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Predictions have a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong. Kind of like flipping a coin for a heads or tails..
Old 08-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

and the next links I looked at ?

Gath gates are found

hmmmm go figure huh ? Science = always wrong and changing, God = never changes

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/...tcmp=obnetwork
Old 08-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

no no

you read them and they say its based on science the prediction - there WILL be more hurricanes - google it, you'll see
Old 08-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Predictions are guesses. More accurate ones use supporting data to increase the odds for success.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Predictions are just predictions. Earlier this year, they were predicting that the Tigers would go to the World Series and they had good arguments for it. Well they still may go, but it looks like they'll have to buy tickets.

I'll agree with you that the creator never changes. But our knowledge of what the creator has done and how it was done advances every year, if not every day.

Keep in mind that individual scientists, like me, may be firm believers in a creator. Others may not be. But Science itself, takes no position on the question because it can't be investigated by means of the scientific method.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Predictions are guesses. More accurate ones use supporting data to increase the odds for success.
true, but do most claim a 90% chance? Money is made on these guess's, or lost. Political winds blow based on them. These aren't just guess's, they're big money paid for the most part with tax payer dollars, meaning they've proven all they have to to get more dollars, they spent it.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

" BTW, you wouldn't have been able to post that nonsense without science."

Aren't you the king of the obvious. Science is providing the fodder.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Predictions are just predictions. Earlier this year, they were predicting that the Tigers would go to the World Series and they had good arguments for it. Well they still may go, but it looks like they'll have to buy tickets.

I'll agree with you that the creator never changes. But our knowledge of what the creator has done and how it was done advances every year, if not every day.

Keep in mind that individual scientists, like me, may be firm believers in a creator. Others may not be. But Science itself, takes no position on the question because it can't be investigated by means of the scientific method.
You would have to mention the Tigers and completely ruin my day!