Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
science wrong again >

science wrong again

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

science wrong again

Old 06-18-2015, 06:33 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Very possible they were hacks, but what's the possibility they weren't scientists? Were they construction workers, school teachers, or librarians? I don't think so.

How about the flu shot example. Who determines what strain the inoculation should be targeting? How often do they miss the mark?

Again, the point isn't that science is bad or evil--not at all. It's just not some infallible deity that is always right. Lots of scientists disagree on lots of things--how can they all be right? Easy--they can't.

Despite the proven fraud, there's a world-wide scientific consensus on "climate change". Does that make it right?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

when the FDA puts a stamp of approval on it - they're saying its good to go, won't be any problems, don't worry about it, ask your doctor if its right for you.

to come back years or decades later and reverse that is saying they were wrong all along but how many deaths are on their hands from it ?
Old 06-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77 View Post
when the FDA puts a stamp of approval on it - they're saying its good to go, won't be any problems, don't worry about it, ask your doctor if its right for you.

to come back years or decades later and reverse that is saying they were wrong all along but how many deaths are on their hands from it ?
Are you sure?
Old 06-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Very possible they were hacks, but what's the possibility they weren't scientists? Were they construction workers, school teachers, or librarians? I don't think so.

How about the flu shot example. Who determines what strain the inoculation should be targeting? How often do they miss the mark?

Again, the point isn't that science is bad or evil--not at all. It's just not some infallible deity that is always right. Lots of scientists disagree on lots of things--how can they all be right? Easy--they can't.

Despite the proven fraud, there's a world-wide scientific consensus on "climate change". Does that make it right?
Climate change is not in this discussion, stop trying to change the subject.

Flu shot not in this subject, stop deflecting.

Very possible they where hacks? Come on now, at least get informed about something versus arguing based on your opinion. You assume a lot about something you admitted to not knowing anything about.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Michael R. Taylor is the Deputy Commissioner for Foods at the United States Food and Drug Administration.

He received a B.A. degree in political science from Davidson College and a law degree from the University of Virginia. In 1976, after passing the bar exam, Taylor became a staff attorney for the FDA, where he was executive assistant to the Commissioner.

I guess he's a scientist. In politics.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:15 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Not sure what your point is IPSC. When it comes to gov't, you can be Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the entire U.S. and never even have served or attended any type of military training. You can even be a draft dodger and get the job.

Here is some interesting info. from the FDA site.

http://www.fda.gov/ScienceResearch/A.../ucm319910.htm

FDA's Eight Science Priority Areas for Advancing Regulatory Science
Want a career at the FDA?

http://www.fda.gov/ScienceResearch/S...es/default.htm

Are you are a biologist, chemist, epidemiologist, nurse, pharmacist, physician, social or behavioral scientist, statistician, veterinarian—or an engineer looking to make an impact on the health of all Americans? FDA offers you the chance to be part of a pioneering regulatory science culture that is advancing cutting-edge research on critical issues involving novel product development, evaluation, and safety.
These are people who not only approve or deny the sale of foodstuffs, but also medicines/drugs for human usage. What kind of people would do that kind of testing? What career focuses on such?

Do they ever get it wrong? Let's see...

http://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org/...ourceID=005528

According to the FDA, a "drug is removed from the market when its risks outweigh its benefits. A drug is usually taken off the market because of safety issues with the drug that cannot be corrected, such as when it is discovered that the drug can cause serious side effects that were not known at the time of approval."
Does the FDA have anything to do with the influenza vaccine?

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVac...es/default.htm

Just like the "man caused climate change" scientists, the FDA scientists are human. They can be influenced; they can be wrong.

Like I said before, why is this such a controversial subject? It's not like it's some big secret.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Wow...just think what I could come up with if I knew anything at all about the FDA!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, still uninformed and trying to sound smart, at least I find it humorous.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

why would that be a wrong conclusion Salty?
Old 06-21-2015, 08:50 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Why did establishing the fact that the FDA uses science/scientists shut this thread down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.