Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Justice for Jesse Ventura >

Justice for Jesse Ventura

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Justice for Jesse Ventura

Old 08-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default Justice for Jesse Ventura

I don't know the truth of what happened - but a group of people on a jury, who know far more about it than any of us, came to the judgement that Kyle's story was a lie, despite having a sympathetic weeping widow on the stand.
selah

I see lots of peeps upset with Ventura, saying all kinds of nasty things, while giving the late mr kyle a pass for telling tall tales. Why? I'm guessing... a misplaced sense of hero worship. Unseemly.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...suit-j-delgado

from the article:

So what does this all demonstrate, and why should it matter?

For one, Americans are showing a disturbing level of either support or disregard for the legal system — based solely on what they think of the parties involved. That is a dangerous approach. It’s against the fundamentals of justice to decide how you feel about a case based on how much you like the defendant or plaintiff, rather than the facts.

More importantly, however, it demonstrates a worrisome level of blind hero worship. The idea that, because Kyle served his country bravely and honorably, he was therefore always honorable in all aspects of his life, and can do no wrong, ever, is preposterous. As Pocket Full of Liberty’s editor Skyler Mann wondered: “Not about Chris Kyle in particular but the hullaboo makes me wonder: if a veteran does something super sh**** is it OK because s/he’s a vet?”

A jury, with far more information than we the public have (including the chance to listen to witness testimony and watch Kyle’s deposition), essentially found that Kyle lied. The fact that many conservatives are furiously shaking their heads, refusing to accept this, and taking it even further by attacking Ventura for daring to clear his name is extremely disturbing. Ventura is the jerk for suing to restore his reputation — not Chris Kyle for lying and making an easy target sound like a demon, for the sake of financial gain and publicity.

Got it, that makes perfect sense. We supported George Zimmerman’s defamation lawsuit, but not Jesse Ventura’s. Apparently, it’s not the merits or facts of the case, but rather how likeable the parties are, that determines whom American public opinion supports. Listening to the outrage-brigade on social media, big on demagoguery but short on facts, one can conclude that (a) widows can never be sued nor are capable of unjustly profiting and (b) war heroes are perfect in every regard of their lives, forever.

This is blind hero worship, at its most embarrassing.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Lol, never cared about the ass Ventura. He's an idiot to begin with so how could he restore something he didn't have?
Old 08-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Hard to believe he went from a grade B show business WWF wrestler to governor. What were they thinking up there?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

why did he not bring it up before kyle got killed? probably because a dead person can't tell his side of the story!!!
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 08-02-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
why did he not bring it up before kyle got killed? probably because a dead person can't tell his side of the story!!!
RR
He did file the suit while Kyle was still alive. Testimony by Kyle at a deposition was used at the trial. So the jury did hear Kyle's side of the story. Evidently they believed Ventura.

When Kyle died the estate (not the wife) became the defendant. You don't lose your right to your day in court just because the defendant dies during the proceedings.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
He did file the suit while Kyle was still alive. Testimony by Kyle at a deposition was used at the trial. So the jury did hear Kyle's side of the story. Evidently they believed Ventura.

When Kyle died the estate (not the wife) became the defendant. You don't lose your right to your day in court just because the defendant dies during the proceedings.
day in court aside, what indictment upon humanity does this make if any?

Your standing outside looking in, nothing about this has anything to do with you or your world, how do you see it?

I try and stick to an ideal that you don't speak ill of the dead, that would motivate my view of the situation and yes I would live by it almost without exception. Just to name one filter I would run what I saw through.

I kind of think, or would like to think his legal advisers are somewhat responsible for the continuation of the trial.

Did he prove some harm?

Another filter that wouldn't do his situation any good is the fact that he solicited and was a politician.

Last edited by nodog; 08-02-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jesse Ventura is a POS .....
Old 08-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

so can every taxpayer in the usa now sue Obama cause he lied at some time or another? If kyle lied, ok he lied, but why does it only cost you if your not a liberal? how many lies has Obama, reid, and holder told us and nothing is ever done?

RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 08-02-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
RR
As other have mentioned, he did just that. He also gave Kyle ample opportunity to apologize and retract the story BEFORE bringing the lawsuit. Kyle would not... prob because the story was good for sales, after he named Ventura on a TV show.

Apparently, Chris Kyle just had to be larger than life... and if a lie or two served that end, that's alright, and goes over ok with those into military/hero worship.

He told interesting tales about shooting people in New Orleans, and killing a couple of supposed 'carjackers' in Texas. No record of that having happened, but he said it, so... ?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
As other have mentioned, he did just that. He also gave Kyle ample opportunity to apologize and retract the story BEFORE bringing the lawsuit. Kyle would not... prob because the story was good for sales, after he named Ventura on a TV show.

Apparently, Chris Kyle just had to be larger than life... and if a lie or two served that end, that's alright, and goes over ok with those into military/hero worship.

He told interesting tales about shooting people in New Orleans, and killing a couple of supposed 'carjackers' in Texas. No record of that having happened, but he said it, so... ?
From here, outside of it all, running this through my filters, speaking ill of the dead doesn't sit well.

What is it your promoting? Support of Ventura? Hate of Kyle? The justice system?

If it isn't hate of Kyle I can't see the reasoning behind the disparaging remarks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.