Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
The Truth Is Coming Out About Bergdahl >

The Truth Is Coming Out About Bergdahl

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

The Truth Is Coming Out About Bergdahl

Old 06-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
I don't have the exact quote...but one of Bergdhal's outpost unit mates suggested..."that it was ludicrous to blame Bergdhal for the death of the six soldiers", but, " they were angry that one of the order's was to 'go out an look for this guy.'"
***Haven't seen that particular quote before, but the guy is wrong because if they weren't out looking for the guy that was listed as a deserter they would probably still be alive today.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that one of the "six soldiers that were killed"...died in a mortar attack on the outpost --- one other soldier died when he stepped on a land mine while out on patrol, not to mention the regular reconnaissance and search missions the soldiers had to perform while looking for bad guys.

The outpost's soldiers complained that drones, fighter jets and helicopters were diverted away from the outpost inorder to look for Bergdhal, but the U.S. military claimed that they added more helicopters an drones --- other than the regular air fleet assigned to protect the outpost --- so they could look for Bergdhal.

Last edited by Erno86; 06-06-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
***Haven't seen that particular quote before, but the guy is wrong because if they weren't out looking for the guy that was listed as a deserter they would probably still be alive today.
I believe I have the original New York Times quote of the soldier's quote at home...but you might have too wait a few days for me to post it.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
I believe I have the original New York Times quote of the soldier's quote at home...but you might have too wait a few days for me to post it.
***No need for that!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The dude went AWOL and became a terrorist.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's something I've been wondering... It may be possible that Bergdahl has some mental health issues.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
There's something I've been wondering... It may be possible that Bergdahl has some mental health issues.
***That's my guess and it will probably get him off any charges he might face.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe some ADD, they did say he would wonder off during training and kind of do his own thing. Be that as it may, does He have the ability to determine right from wrong. If he does not the Military did him and his fellow soldiers a disservice, by allow Him to continue, and sending Him into a war zone and be a liability. If He has the ability to determine right from wrong, and the stories are true and He walked away from his unit, putting others at risk, as did happen either way, He did a disservice to the Military and His fellow soldiers, and should be held accountable.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read a story on The Blaze this morning where Brad Thor asked a VERY good question...

Was the White House directly or indirectly involved in a financial exchange to ensure Bergdahl's release....?????

Thereby knowingly funding a terrorist organization .....

Excellent question....
Old 06-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

NYT's INTERNATIONAL Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Some quoted excerpts, which includes the archive of military reports in America's war in Afghanistan, which was made public by Chelsea Manning.

And a log recounting the July 4 attack said it confirmed "recent reporting regarding Mullah Sangeen's desire to conduct a spectacular attack" against the outpost. The log did not mention the hunt for Sergeant Bergdhal. Still, one soldier from Sergeant Bergdhal's battalion said that response time had been slow, and argued the issue was not if the outpost was going to be attacked, but rather when insurgents choose to attack it.

The other six American deaths in Paktika that summer occurred from Aug. 8 to Sept. 5, which Sergeant Bergdahl's critics link to him as well.

Where those incidents are identifiable in the logs, they do not mention any link to Bergdahl search operations, although the logs are terse and contain few contextual details.

Mr. Bethea wrote that of the six men killed in August and September, two died in a roadside bombing, while on reconnaissance mission, a third was shot during a search for a Taliban political leader and three others were killed while conducting patrols --- two in an ambush and one who stepped on a mine.

Still, those villages and insurgents were in the overall area of responsibility for the soldiers, and the logs make clear that the region was an insurgent hotbed. A log on May 21, 2009, for example, said it had historically been a "safe haven" for the Taliban.

A retired senior American military officer, who was briefed at the time for the search for Sergeant Bergdhal, said that even though soldiers were instructed to watch for signs of the missing American, they would have been conducting parrols and performing risky operations anyway.

"Look, it's not like these soldiers would have been sitting around their base," he said.

The soldier who spoke on condition of anonymity agreed that it was "ludicrous" to lay 100 percent of the blame for the deaths at Sergeant Bergdhal's feet, and he acknowledged that patrols were going to get hit in Paktika during fighting season anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.