Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Reagan.....Obama.... >

Reagan.....Obama....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Reagan.....Obama....

Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
How old were you 10 years ago...13?

C. Davis
40 years old
Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
If you don't... you're doing it wrong.
I wish I could disagree... I'm earning less than half of what I was just 5 years ago... Many things happened that I never saw coming... I guess I'll just have to keep working on that.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

You gotta change with the times or get left behind.

The problem is no one with any credibility will ever tell you what is coming. I have a few friends involved in the housing industry that are still suffering a little but coming out of it. Back in the day they should have acted more like a squirrel and saved their nuts for a cold day.

I also have 2 very close friends in the medical business. They are in a whirlwind for the past 10 years and it is ever changing. Their income is being impacted sharply. The only way to save our healthcare system is to lower the payments to providers.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I also have 2 very close friends in the medical business. They are in a whirlwind for the past 10 years and it is ever changing. Their income is being impacted sharply. The only way to save our healthcare system is to lower the payments to providers.
huh? Providers are getting out of the business because they can't earn a living as it is. You're response, lower their payments even more. How about taking an economics class.

We did have a medical problem before Edward Kennedy go elected and fixed the system. It was was the Democrats that created HMOs. The system was still good and then they passed a law saying emergency rooms had to care for patients that couldn't pay their bills. Now Obama has come along and created a one size fits all insurance plan that's anything but. Insurance. It's wealth redistribution. He added all these freebies, gotten rid of all the affordable health plans and is subsidizing insurance for folks 4 times the poverty level. The icing on the cake? They claim to be doing this for the uninsured. Yet, even after full implementation, the uninsured goes up not down. Not to mention he has created a part time workforce. Even the unions complained on that one.

You say roll with the times. I say get the federal government out of the business of healthcare. They are the number one denier of claims. They have created death panel where you and your doctor are no longer in charge of what medical attention you need. The federal government is now without any oversight.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You gotta change with the times or get left behind.
Will, again I wish I could disagree, but I can't.

I was thrown into a tailspin when the crash hit, but like many that were totally sidelined, I refused to be. I've got some catching up to do, but at least I'm still in the race.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

What happened Will,your welfare check go up or are you now disabled?That seems the way to go now.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman View Post
What happened Will,your welfare check go up or are you now disabled?That seems the way to go now.
The Chinise labor's are threatening to strike.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

It was reported that the Vermont Health Care Exchange is costing much more than anticipated. Insurance is a business and the government and state involvement has driven up the costs. The costs in Vermont are among the highest tier but the article states that relief can come through the Federal government grants and income sensitivity adjustments. All I can see is that in the end it will get more and more expensive especially for the people who really paying for it
Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
I certainly have more money than I did 10 years ago
You measure the success of a President on the basis of whether your personal wealth has increased?

That's just too funny.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Like they said CI. You think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until its free.

I've pointed out quite successfully on this forum over the years that the US Healthcare System is the most inexpensive system of all industrialized nations. Vwhen all costs are taken into account, our system wins hands down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.