Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Key Zimmerman Witness!! >

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't what bho is betting on. After the massacre, he could get the gun bans he so desparately wants. Sacrificing a few of his constituents is no biggie--he's not up for reelection anyway.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

LBR ... You might be right...if riots break out ...KING obama declares marshal law and send in the DHS followed by the confiscation of ALL guns...
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

And then the war would begin.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
LBR ... You might be right...if riots break out ...KING obama declares marshal law and send in the DHS followed by the confiscation of ALL guns...
Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
Given the fact that most politicians are history majors, meaning they know what buttons to push and when, the statement was probably made by a publicly educated person.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by FlDeerman View Post
And then the war would begin.
I'll say it again, there will be NO war unless the military splits. Just look around the world at other places that are deep in it, the military is the trigger.

No marshal law producing riot will start a civil war here. Just a bunch of dead people is all that will happen and the slap in the face to the whole thing will be, the stock market will soar. No one will care outside of the dead relatives. Anybody care about Ruby Ridge?

It's got to be something like the government threatening the military. The removal of high ranking military leaders who are thought highly of by their men. In this day when "We Support our Military" the military has no reason to split. Military perks by a grateful nation are at an all time high.

Unless the military refuses orders to drop something on your head, you have little hope.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
You're deliberately missing the point here Chad. The exact purpose of carrying a gun is to protect yourself and/or your family.

Good grief, did I REALLY have to explain that to you?

Okay, maybe Zimmerman thought that this couldn't happen in a million years. But now we know it can, don't we?

You have to think ahead. That's why the Creator gave us a brain. You can learn from experience. But you can profit even more if you learn from the experience of others.

It obviously never occurred to Zimmerman that the "suspicious character" he was following might turn around and jump him. It obviously didn't occur to Martin that the "cracker" following him might be packing a gun.

Situations can differ, but the point I'm trying to make is that carrying a gun is for the personal protection of yourself and your family. You can take on a great deal of risk when you start assuming some of the duties of a cop.
This is for Chad. I said I would answer your questions, but I started thinking and realized that I already had. So I'm reposting my answer.

I realize you have this habit of asking the same question over and over hoping that you will finally get the answer you want.

What you're doing could be an example of perseveration. Here's a definition of perseveration.

"More broadly in clinical psychology, it describes mental or physical behaviours which are not excessive in terms of quantity but are apparently both functionless and involve a narrow range of behaviours, and are not better described as stereotypy (a highly repetitive idiosyncratic behaviour).

In general English, perseveration (vb: "to perseverate") refers to insistent or redundant repetition, not necessarily in a clinical context."

That's a possibility there
Old 07-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't understand the dumbed down general English version. Can you please speak to some of us less cerebral members?

OK now for my prediction...I think he did it and will get off just like OJ. The ebb and flow of criminal justice. Black man gets away with murder and a white guy does the same. My bet is the white folk won't be dancing in the streets though. Some difference. I understand in some locations they are looking at OJ's day of acquittal as another floating holiday similar to MLK day. Everyone knows Oj killed those people but many feel they had it coming because of the 400 years of white abuse over their ancestors.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-13-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I didn't understand the dumbed down general English version. Can you please speak to some of us less cerebral members?
It's what Chad does. Asking the same question over and over again in the hope that someone will finally give him the answer he wants. Some people claim that's a quote from Einstein that doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. But that is actually perseveration. Insanity is a much broader concept.

Chad used to do that back in the old Religion forum He would ask me how I could accept some parts of the Bible as true but not all of it. I would explain that it's quite simple. I do not accept those accounts in the Bible that we know could not have happened or could not have happened in the way they are described.

Then he would ask me the same question again.

Her religious beliefs may be a little unconventional

She often identifies the Creator as amenominakanushi no kami

Or, more briefly, mi as the source and essence of life
Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

This is for Chad. I said I would answer your questions, but I started thinking and realized that I already had. So I'm reposting my answer.
Lol--it took you that long to come up with that lame of an excuse? Unfortunately for you, it's easy for anyone interested to go back and look at all the questions you dodged and/or ignored.

What you "realized" is your stance cannot be defended using logic or reason, so par for the course you have to dodge the questions...again.

I realize you have this habit of asking the same question over and over hoping that you will finally get the answer you want.
I used to ask the same questions over and over with the faint hope of getting a straight answer (never did). Now it's just for entertainment, and to make a point.

You come into a "discussion" with your mind made up, and nothing--including facts--will change it. Rather than give a straight answer to a question that blows your stance out of the water, you spin it around and "answer" something that was never asked to begin with.

Chad used to do that back in the old Religion forum He would ask me how I could accept some parts of the Bible as true but not all of it. I would explain that it's quite simple. I do not accept those accounts in the Bible that we know could not have happened or could not have happened in the way they are described.
Yeah, you couldn't answer then either, because you constantly contradicted yourself. I guess it's simple if you don't mind being blatantly hypocritical. In a nutshell, you accept the miracles (things that science cannot explain) you wanted/are told to accept by your chosen religion, and rejected the ones you didn't/weren't forced to accept. Zero consistency. Guess some things never change.

I have to admit, some were "trick" questions, as least for someone with your mentality. Some of them require reason, judgment, and human emotion--there is no "textbook" answer to them. I knew that would throw you for a loop, and honestly would have been utterly shocked if you had attempted to give an honest answer.

Funniest part--I was discussing this with someone who is familiar with the forum, who reads it from time to time, and sees both our posts. Their prediction, from early on, was you would claim you answered the questions--lol. If you are anything, it's predictable.

I'm anxious to see what the verdict will be, and what the aftermath will be also.

Last edited by LBR; 07-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.