Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Key Zimmerman Witness!! >

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
If you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist??????
Lol, now you're just being sarcastic.

Originally Posted by Me
When a study is cited that THC use can lead to psychosis, violent behavior or uncontrollable outbursts in users, I will retract my statement, but until then... I'll stick with my first-hand knowledge of it.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Lol, now you're just being sarcastic.
Of course!

I trust my own eyes, but I know I haven't seen it all. I trust the experience of those that have much more experience. Besides, I don't hang out with potheads, so my experience with them is very limited.

I think the wild ones are the exception, but they are there.

But anyway......anxious to get some answers to my questions from DLG.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default drugs on board.

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
It is unfortunate if there will be an automatic assumption that use of alcohol/illicit substances, confers guilt or fault. Still, it's fair to be considered.

Or maybe he just indulged at some time in the recent past - perhaps that night - which doesn't neccesarily mean anything. Or it could mean his judgement was a bit hindered. Doesn't justify getting shot (assaulting someone does, though, IMO)
No, but it explains why he went out for skittles doesn't it.

I would guess that it helps to support Mr. Zimmermans claim that Trayvon Martin was acting strange, or was stoned. When someone is not functioning on a "normal" level. It is much harder to read their body language, and predict what they are about to do. This alone can heighten the stress, and or apprehension of someone confronted by one. If Trayvon acted like alot of teenagers, and just drove in like a windmill with arms flailing. And Mr. Zimmerman was caught off guard. That would explain his injuries, and fear.

The only question remaining is was Mr. Zimmers actions justified.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:16 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The only question remaining is was Mr. Zimmers actions justified.
I don't see it as being questionable. It appears that, under FL law, Zimmerman would have been justified even before blood was drawn, but certainly was while under attack.

Guess Martin wasn't one of those people who just laid back and chilled out when stoned huh? He was obviously the aggressor...so much for the theory of potheads never fighting or inciting violence.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
I understand that completely, but I don't agree that THC significantly alters your consciousness to the point of doing things that are completely out of character for the user.

THC is not like meth or lsd or pcp... it simply doesn't affect people in that way. Add alcohol to the equation, then I'd buy it.

I still think Zimmerman should be considered not guilty, because there is plenty of doubt surrounding this whole situation.
I agree that THC is not like meth or PCP and I am not trying to bash MJ or people who use it. For the most part, marijuana users tend not to be violent (there are always exceptions). The "question" that I referred to is for when any person involved in a shooting that kills or seriously injures somebody else also has some kind of drug (could even be prescription) or alcohol on board during the time of the incident. The combination is what raises the question of whether there was enough alcohol or drugs on board to cause the person to act rashly or even to simply not process all information properly or even just react too slowly.

In a way, it's like a person who is below the legal alcohol limit, is driving irrationally and gets pulled over for what turns into a DUI investigation. The "question" is whether or not that person's alcohol on board is causing or substantially contributing to their irrational driving or not. This is not a perfect corollary but you can see how the presence of THC and the actions taken cause a rational person to wonder if it's significant or not. I'm not saying that it's a sole cause or the reason why this happen but it may (or may not) have contributed to the eventual end result.

I agree with you that Zimmerman should be found not guilty based on the evidence I have read or heard about (which is likely not all of the available evidence). Regardless of guilt or innocence, it's still a tragic situation for everybody involved.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
I don't see it as being questionable. It appears that, under FL law, Zimmerman would have been justified even before blood was drawn, but certainly was while under attack.

Guess Martin wasn't one of those people who just laid back and chilled out when stoned huh? He was obviously the aggressor...so much for the theory of potheads never fighting or inciting violence.
LBR, I'm certainly not going to dispute what your friend told you about some peoples reaction to pot. Like you "basically said" I've not seen it all.

I don't use pot these days, but did in my youth. I've known, and still know a lot of pot users. I've seen many pot users get into conflicts when they were stoned, but to a person, that was their nature whether stoned or not(which I believe is probably true in this case). Also to a person they are people I no longer associate with except for the occasional chance meeting in public.

I can certainly believe that someone with other underlying mental health issues might react very bizarrely while under the influence of THC.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

The scary part now is the fact that the sheriff's department is now running a video against violence over the verdict. WTF? Even MSNBC had to admit there is no case to be had but then they started it all.

This is not America folks. we have too many race baiters out there on the left because it pays and pays well. They are never held to account for their actions. Why not put your hand out at this point?
Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

True LD. I see it like Bill Cosby described cocaine in a routine. He said a guy told him it was a "personallity enhancer" or something like that. Cosby says, "Ok...but what if you are an a-hole?" MJ probably does that to some folks. Booze sure does.

Regardless of the "why", I'm still curious to know what Zimmerman did that was "stupid", as he evidently followed the same steps as advised by a CCW instructor.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
LBR, I'm certainly not going to dispute what your friend told you about some peoples reaction to pot. Like you "basically said" I've not seen it all.

I don't use pot these days, but did in my youth. I've known, and still know a lot of pot users. I've seen many pot users get into conflicts when they were stoned, but to a person, that was their nature whether stoned or not(which I believe is probably true in this case). Also to a person they are people I no longer associate with except for the occasional chance meeting in public.

I can certainly believe that someone with other underlying mental health issues might react very bizarrely while under the influence of THC.
The pot question goes to George's credibility here. It's part of the testimony on record. What's wrong not to admit into evidence was Martin's issues with fighting. He was a punk ready to throw punches at a moment's notice. If he truly felt threatened, why didn't he call 911? Seriously? Instead, he went into a racist mode profiling George. Then again, ok for a black man to do and get not blame for his actions.

I will add a point to my prior post, Reginald Denning was beaten on film to an inch of his life for doing nothing more than driving legally on the street in LA. The perp in this crime, walked away with the blessing of the court. He wasn't responsible for his actions.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:23 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Good point FM.

Looks like I won't get my questions answered...but I figured that before I posted them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.