Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Military service is now a hostile work place for conservatives >

Military service is now a hostile work place for conservatives

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Military service is now a hostile work place for conservatives

Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
All 33 years I was in the military, we were told to keep our personal beliefs to ourselves. We never spoke of politics and everyone voted the way they wanted. Had someone had bumper stickers demeaning the POTUS, they would have been reprimanded and possibly faced article 15. His contacting a talk show, id'ing himself as a MSG and then the reasoning behind his actions is in violation of the UCMJ. Reprimanding him for reading books though was going over the line. In the military you do not have the same freedoms as a civilian and this guy seemed to be wanting to push the envelope.
Did he speak politics to anyone?
Demeaning the potus? Which bumper sticker?
“Political Dissent is NOT Racism,” “NOBAMA,” NOPE2012” and “The Road to Bankruptcy is Paved with A**-Fault.”
I believe they where election bumper stickers. Did he contact a talk show?

Here is the real reason that you obviously over looked.
He was later summoned by a superior officer, who the soldier said is openly gay, and was told that unidentified individuals were offended by the tweets and some considered them to be racist.
It is common for those who feel repressed go on the war path against others who they disagreed with once they get into power. Clearly this is the case and it is his superior officer who should actually be removed from his position and facing a court martial for abusing his power to attack a soldier in his command. This is on the same level as sexually harassing a person you are in charge of.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/g...-boehner130613

Why doesn't Boehner bring ENDA to a vote?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it's true that at one time those of us in the military kept our opinions to ourselves in order to devote our full attention to our duties without creating distractions, diversions, and divisions within the ranks. Article 88, UCMJ generally disposed of behavior as "contempt for officials."

But since we seem to have insisted on making the military a battleground for political statements, all of that has eroded into the present mess. While it was deemed acceptable, if not encouraged by liberals, for servicemembers to come out against the Bush administration and Iraq, now it's just such a terrible thing that conservative servicemembers are coming out against the Obama administration. You can dish it out, but you can't seem to take it, can you?

And here's a newsflash - Just as you would expect the homophobic senior officers to persecute junior homosexual servicemembers, you should expect heterophobic senior officers to persecute junior heterosexual servicemembers. Human nature. Being gay doesn't mean they're any less prone to vengeful, selfish acts of retribution.

Something tells me though that there's a political interest in dividing the military within itself. Something tells me that the current administration has an interest in purging the Cossacks from the ranks to further establish the rule of the Bolsheviks within the military and secure their support.

Time to start connecting the dots, folks...