Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Texas Congressman Threatens Impeachment >

Texas Congressman Threatens Impeachment

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Texas Congressman Threatens Impeachment

Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Texas Congressman Threatens Impeachment

Texas congressman threatens impeachment if Obama moves on guns

Published January 15, 2013
FoxNews.com

A Texas congressman vowed to try to impeach President Obama if he moves ahead with plans to control guns by executive order.
Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican from the Houston area, called Obama's plans to skirt Congress and implement some controls administratively "an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic." He also threatened to defund the White House.
"I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment," Stockman said.
Obama said at a press conference Monday that tracking data on guns that criminals use could be one item done administratively that would not have to go through Congress. Democrats have been calling for new gun control measures since the school massacre in Newtown, Conn.
"I think that those of us who look at this problem have repeatedly said that responsible gun owners, people who have a gun for protection, for hunting, for sportsmanship, they don't have anything to worry about," Obama said.
But Stockman said any such move requires legislative action.
"Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible," he said. "Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2Hy0IWNFo
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hopefully other follow suit and put Barry where he belongs (in the private sector). Barry not only is pursuing Executive Action on gun control, he also is refusing to discuss raising the Debt Ceiling.

Recon someone in his party could tell him the U.S. Is not a dictatorship!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW....a congressman who has the balls to stand up for what's right...and do the right thing.....GOD Bless Him.....
If he does what he says the ENTIRE LEFT is gonna call him a RACIST.....And a GUN NUT.....
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I just read that and was comming here to post it. I wonder if this is talk or if he is going to bring teeth.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

He' see's a dictatorship coming and is trying to stop it,God bless him!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I wonder if this is talk or if he is going to bring teeth.
I hope he brings a herd of alligators! If he's serious (I hope he is), wish him Godspeed!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
I hope he brings a herd of alligators! If he's serious (I hope he is), wish him Godspeed!
Chad I say we join in prays for this everyday!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Steve is my congressman.

C. Davis
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just introducing a bill doesn't alone have much effect. I doubt he could get many on board with impeachment proceedings. Really, this kind of posturing by an elected official isn't very effective when it is not yet known what executive orders the President is going to make.

I imagine some things are appropriately handled with executive orders while other things are not. For example, maybe it is appropriate for executive orders to deem that "exotic hardwood #3 typically sourced from the Maynmar forests shall not be passed by the importation agents unless accompanied with documents proving the subject hardwood was harvested at least five years ago." What gun related matters are appropriately handled with executive orders remains to be seen.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I posted this in another thread, but, it seems appropriate here too.

Supposedly, he will announce the "Executive Orders" tomorrow. These are some of the items:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Facing powerful opposition to sweeping gun regulations, President Barack Obama is weighing 19 steps he could take through executive action alone, congressional officials said. But the scope of such measures is limited.

The steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, seeking to ensure more complete records in the federal background check database, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

At the same time Obama is vowing not to back off his support for sweeping gun legislation that would require congressional backing — including banning assault weapons, limiting the capacity of ammunition magazines and instituting universal background checks — despite opposition from the influential gun lobby.
Of the few that are listed, I'm not sure that I am opposed, although I'm wondering what is meant by "striking limits on federal research into gun use." I've always thought it would be a good idea to prosecute those who lie on their 4473's. It's a 10 year felony, and yet, felons who lie on the forms and say they haven't been convicted, are never prosecuted for their lies...

Tougher penalties for gun trafficking? I guess Eric Holder is an expert on that. My concern is, will the proposals be so broad that they would make it illegal for me to buy firearms for my kids for birthdays or Christmas.

It looks like the big issues, i.e. a new AWB, magazine capacity limits, and closing the so called "gun show loophole," are being left to Congress.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.