Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Wyoming telling the feds... Screw you! >

Wyoming telling the feds... Screw you!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Wyoming telling the feds... Screw you!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Wyoming telling the feds... Screw you!

Wyoming will be voting soon on an amended "Firearms protection act" bill. If passed it allow Wyoming police to arrest and charge the agents with a felony for enforecing federal gun laws in Wyoming, and if convicted would make them instant felons which, as you know, would make it illegal for them to possess firearms. They would loose their jobs, pensions, etc... etc... etc...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wyomin...s#.UO8XiKzheSp

The actual bill language.
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweetness. I hope many more follow. I just emailed my rep...oughta shoot another bringing this up.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope the bill passes.....it would be great to see every state pass a bill like that and tell the Feds and obama to pound sand.....
Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am no expert on the law but my layman's interpretation of it it sure does sound sweet.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Wyoming!!!!!! I might have to move there if this passes.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Whoops. I just posted the same thing. I need to go delete it.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Will find out soon enough if it passes i guess.

People in Washington tend to overreact," Kroeker said. "They try to place blame on gun owners punishing in the innocent to pay for the crimes of the guilty."

Hicks explained that the model of the bill was taken from a bill passed in the State of Montana in 2009 adding that it wasn’t much different from what he’d seen other states do.

“I don’t think this is controversial in Wyoming at all,” he added. “I fully expect this bill to pass.”
I agree -but the middle part im not sure is totaly right. Its a lot like the law passed in 2010 here( that had more to do with guns only made here though- Firearms fredoom act))-( and that was modeled after others state laws also- but witha diffence in it to ( from what i understand anyways) from others( states laws) being the part( what some call the teeth?) -
. If passed it allow Wyoming police to arrest and charge the agents with a felony for enforecing federal gun laws in Wyoming,
But Wyoming’s Firearms Freedom Act is harsher than the other states’ laws, as it says that any state or federal official who tries to enforce any federal gun law on firearms made and sold in Wyoming could face a $2,000 fine and up to a year in prison.
The other law(s) ( and this one) Could be tested in the courts -etc to( hasnt yet that i know of anyways)

But anyways to im not a lawyer ( or do i play one on here )-i will leave that up to the lawmakers& lawyers etc.

Firearms Freedom Act passes

trib.com › NewsState and Regional NewsPoliticsCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Mar 4, 2010 – The Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act passed the state Senate without ... Wyoming's Firearms Freedom Act, though, is harsher than those laws, ...

Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act with Teeth - Tenth Amendment Center

tenthamendmentcenter.com/.../wyoming-firearms-freedom-act-with-t...Cached
Feb 9, 2010 – Wyoming State Representative Allen Jaggi has introduced a “Firearms Freedom Act” (FFA) for the state – it's filed as House Bill 95 (HB95).

A Constitutional Analysis of Wyoming's Firearms Freedom Act ...

wyliberty.org/.../a-constitutional-analysis-of-wyoming’s-firearms-fre...Cached
Mar 23, 2011 – O. Shane Balloun, a third-year law student at the University of Wyoming College of Law, recently published a comment (that's “article ...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its not like wy hasnt taken the fed gov to court or sued im( seems to happen a bit)- (the other would be a first though)
Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

Moving there this summer. Can't wait. Love a state that loves the constitution.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

From my understanding i thought Federal Law trumps state law. That why california has had issues in the past with the legalities of pot. but if it works i will be glad for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.