Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Voter ID Is SO Suppresive >

Voter ID Is SO Suppresive

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Voter ID Is SO Suppresive

Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM
  #1  
LBR
Boone & Crockett
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississippi USA
Posts: 15,296
Default Voter ID Is SO Suppresive

http://sos.ms.gov/news_press_release.aspx?id=461

The Secretary of State’s Office recently conducted a survey of Mississippi voters which found over 98% of Mississippi’s electorate in the General Election had some form of acceptable photo identification.

Survey results show 98.3% of those surveyed reported having at least one of the eight forms of photo ID. Only 0.8% of respondents reported having none of the eight forms of photo ID. 0.9% did not answer the question.

Mississippi has it figured out, but it's too tricky for Northern states? Hmmm.....
LBR is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
 
FlDeerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DeFuniak Spr.Florida
Posts: 4,329
Default

Florida voters don't seem to mind showing I.D.'s seems the North can't figure it out.
FlDeerman is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
  #3  
LBR
Boone & Crockett
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississippi USA
Posts: 15,296
Default

I guess we just aren't smart enough to realize how much requiring I.D. suppresses the vote.
LBR is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
 
FlDeerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DeFuniak Spr.Florida
Posts: 4,329
Default

Funny the black gentleman in front of me didn't seem to mind either.I guess he wasn't down with the cause.
FlDeerman is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:45 PM
  #5  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Cool

Originally Posted by FlDeerman View Post
Florida voters don't seem to mind showing I.D.'s seems the North can't figure it out.
I had to show my drivers license when I voted.

If you didn't have ID, you had to sign an affadavit stating that you didn't have ID. Of course if you lie on an affadavit, it's perjury.



In two more years you humans can start to straighten things out

You had better get serious though

The wolf is at the door
sachiko is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM
  #6  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY: NYC to Watertown
Posts: 897
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I had to show my drivers license when I voted.

If you didn't have ID, you had to sign an affadavit stating that you didn't have ID. Of course if you lie on an affadavit, it's perjury.



In two more years you humans can start to straighten things out

You had better get serious though

The wolf is at the door
I don't know specifics of your states law,
My wifes license expired in october.
She got the replacement in late nov
According to your states regs can she vote?
If she signed the affidavit that would technically be perjury as she was without a license.
Terasec is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 PM
  #7  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Smile

Originally Posted by Terasec View Post
I don't know specifics of your states law,
My wifes license expired in october.
She got the replacement in late nov
According to your states regs can she vote?
If she signed the affidavit that would technically be perjury as she was without a license.
No, you swear, or affirm, that you don't have a picture ID, which in her case would have been the truth.

Of course if you don't have it because you left it at home, you can simply go back home and get it.

(When they renew your license here, they cut a corner off the old one and staple the receipt to it. It's good until your new one comes in the mail.)



May The Sheep Be With You
sachiko is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 PM
  #8  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY: NYC to Watertown
Posts: 897
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
No, you swear, or affirm, that you don't have a picture ID, which in her case would have been the truth.

Of course if you don't have it because you left it at home, you can simply go back home and get it.

(When they renew your license here, they cut a corner off the old one and staple the receipt to it. It's good until your new one comes in the mail.)



May The Sheep Be With You
Does that affidavit go to further review?
To verify the name and such?
That would make sense
Otherwise its pointless.
Falsely signing the registry is a crime in itself,
Terasec is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.