Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Lines to vote..... >

Lines to vote.....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Lines to vote.....

Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
I'm very glad to hear it. If my memory serves me, Virginia is one of the states that is closely contested -- a swing state. If it goes for Romney, that is good news.
Romney's gonna win Virginia.....so will George Allen republican for senate.....the only reason Obama has a chance in Virginia is because of Richmond...Petersburg and the small section of northern VA where the LIBS from Wash DC live.....
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted at 9:30 this morning. There were 10 people in front of me and more coming in after I left. The other poling place in town was crowded. Parking around the corner and on the road, standing in line around the building, waiting in the snow and rain mix we have had this morning.
Most of the people I heard, were also talking about seeing Romney win as a positive.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
So you think you can waltz into my state, take up residence and vote Republican? You gotta lot of nerve brother..... a whole lotta nerve.
Obviously you're not that intimidating. So I guess yes, would be his answer.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

My wife and I just voted--we waited until later in the morning so we could cover several errands at once. Tiny precinct, but looked to be steady. There will be a lot more once folks that work regular hours clock out.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
Romney's gonna win Virginia.....so will George Allen republican for senate.....the only reason Obama has a chance in Virginia is because of Richmond...Petersburg and the small section of northern VA where the LIBS from Wash DC live.....
You mean, Peters-hood. Ooooo, did I just say that?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
I voted at 6 am.....got to the polling place at 5:45 and was 30th in line ....by the time they opened the door there was another 30 people behind me.....and after I voted there was at least another 100 people in line and that was at 6:12..... I vote in a rural area and drove 15 miles to the pole......the people are out today....and where I live it's mostly republican/ consertavie.....

Romney in a LANDSLIDE........
Virginia, hmmm? That is a terrific omen!

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-06-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Virginia Cal....
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Rural here too. expected long line and brought wheelchair. Went to look for a parking spot(you know those postage stamp lots) at 2:15 and had no wait! Clerks said it had just thinned out. Thanked them all in turn. After last election i was going to propose a potluck for the wait.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I just came back from the polls and nobody else was there. I did enjoy a home baked cookie and muffin along with some coffee while there. I am sure our state will give it to Obama but at least I know there was one vote he didn't get. I hope the rumors of a huge turnout are made up of people who ordinarilly don't vote wanting to make sure we will get new leadership for at least the next 4 years.