Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.
View Poll Results: What do you believe?
I was spanked and believe in spanking
88.89%
I was spanked and don't believe in spanking
11.11%
I wasn't spanked and believe in spanking
0%
I wasn't spanked and don't believe in spanking
0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Spanking?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hockeydad View Post
For example, Christians like to shred gays because of verses in Leviticus:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Yet they completely ignore other verses in the same book!

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." (Leviticus 20:18)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)

"...and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you." (Leviticus 11:7)

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

"But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you." (Leviticus 11:10)

"They (shellfish) shall be an abomination to you; you shall not eat their flesh, but you shall regard their carcasses as an abomination." (Leviticus 11:11)

"Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales; that shall be an abomination to you." (Leviticus 11:12)

So the next time a Christian tells you over a meal of shrimp and pork that gays are an abomination, you should know how to respond.
Hey Hocky Puck, try reading a little Romans (That is in the New Testament) Paul talks about fags there too.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hockey Puck the more you post the more you show us how much you DON'T know. Like I said before, HOT AIR.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

One reading this thread might get the wrong impression of members' attitudes. The poll itself shows people overwhelmingly in favor of "spanking."

I would like to reiterate a couple of things I said earlier.

1- We won't spank until the girls are about six years old. And we constantly praise them for the good things they do. It works. Children will work very hard to please their parents even if they may disobey at times. When they are so used to being praised, a simple disapproving look can really affect them.

2- This philosophy is not my own. I got it from my mother, who got it from her parents, who got it from their parents, etc.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fieldmouse,

You cannot identify with my fall because you never stood at the peak as I have.......
Yea, and I think you landed on the soft spot of your coconut.

C. Davis
Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hockey Puck, you're the example that people should spank their children. If you were my kid and I knew you were going to grow up like this, I would have beat you smart!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

...we constantly praise them for the good things they do. It works. Children will work very hard to please their parents even if they may disobey at times. When they are so used to being praised, a simple disapproving look can really affect them.
It works for some kids, not for others. Different methods can even work differently for different parents.

For instance, I have never laid a disciplinary finger on my niece or nephew, yet they show me as much or more respect as they show their parents--more in some cases. I can do as much or more with them with a hard look or stern voice as their mother can do with threats and swats. There are two reasons for this. One, they have seen their cousin (my son) get punished and they don't want any of it. Two, they know I mean what I say when I say it.

I don't believe a child has to be six years old to understand something as simple as "if I do this, I get a swat". If praise and scolding works, that is great--but just because it works in one situation doesn't mean it will work in all. Just the opposite, a spanking might not be the "cure" either.

Growing up, my mother would often send my brother and me to separate rooms as punishment. Ten minutes was absolute torture for my brother--he hated to read (odd thing is he's a big reader now). I would just pull out a book, magazine, or comic book and stay in my room long after the "punishment" was over--didn't bother me a bit. Hard words didn't bother my brother in the least, but did bother me.

Either way, competent parents generally figure it out--at least the ones that care enough about their kids to discipline them.

Chad
Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Rev:

The New Testament also says in Mark 16:

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

If you haven't done these things, then you are obviously not saved (at least according to the Bible). Have you done this things? If not perhaps you should consider putting them on your list of things to do and quite worrying about people who have nothing to do with your life or your salvation.
Grow up Hockey Puck, the more you post the dumber you sound. You are not today or ever win a biblical argument with me, and I refuse to talk bible with someone like you. HOT AIR!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hockey Schmuck, Since you're so in love with me and my pictures.

Here ya go! hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahah

Last edited by The Rev; 08-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice knives there Rev...now I know where to drop off my anvils in the middle of the night.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by emptyquiver2 View Post
Nice knives there Rev...now I know where to drop off my anvils in the middle of the night.

Your sure welcome at my place anytime bro, it's just a long drive for you from New York.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.