Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
So, you wonder why health insurance is so expensive >

So, you wonder why health insurance is so expensive

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

So, you wonder why health insurance is so expensive

Old 08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

FYI I read the entire report. Why don't you Ven?

http://www.edcchicago.org/presentati...C%20080625.pdf
Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont lose heart V2, check out this site....American Made Products (Home)
Old 08-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Dominant Buck

It funny all this talk about making things, employment and such, reminds me of a recent conversation I had with a family friend. He's the owner of a large landscaping biz that before the down turn, was doing almost 8 million a year. Not the normal here's your plants and mulch but actually the scaling of walls, patios and walkways.

Any how, my wife recommended our neighbor's son for work when he got home from school. That's always risky stuff because half the time the kid is a bum and it causes issues in the relationship. I'm happy to say it worked out well because he was a hard worker and got to work 2 seasons. However, in the discussion, it lead to the topic of the lazy worker. In America we have many. He made the statement he loves the kids who are worth a damn say "well if you paid me more, I would work a lot harder". Yeah right. Your work ethic is engrained into the way you were raised. You ain't worth a damn at 7.50, you aren't worth a damn at 15.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Banned

Maufacturing jobs have gone down 34% in last 10 years
Old 08-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
FYI I read the entire report. Why don't you Ven?

http://www.edcchicago.org/presentati...C%20080625.pdf
Saw that pretty graph long before you put it up. He is not even original

Report?

Last edited by Venator2; 08-06-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
"well if you paid me more, I would work a lot harder". Yeah right. Your work ethic is engrained into the way you were raised. You ain't worth a damn at 7.50, you aren't worth a damn at 15.
The first thing you have said that make since....whoops sorry it weas you neighbor.

The whole thing is about labor rates and that my mis directed friend is why we are where we are.,

Forbes is a tabloid LOL

Ever hear of flat tax. That would help get us going I think.

They have on line courses at Harvard also on housing market. Shiller is kinda wasted also. I was at U of X when I retired profs main goal is to publish and bring in money. Mostly tech stuff 40 - -50 years behind ,then industry.
I did work for DARPA .. would curl your hair when I learned some of the stuff coming from China....TOO funny

I fought the SS, Medicare thing, probably, before you were born....move on ...I truly think what ever comes down.... it will be vastly different from what you or I can imagine.

Last edited by Venator2; 08-06-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by emptyquiver2 View Post
Dont lose heart V2, check out this site....American Made Products (Home)

Just bought a Lucerne I guess the last to be made .The rest will be imported by GM. Our dime bailed them out.
Putting people to work in foreign companies such as BMW will help them,but it sends more to Germany.
I buy Americas when I can. My neighbors all buy *** cars.

I went to Lowe to get a new gas grill. Only one made here ....from Texas. You had to buy a $50 smoker to go with it and no gas.

Last edited by Venator2; 08-06-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Venator2 View Post
Just bought a Lucerne I guess the last to be made .The rest will be imported by GM. Our dime bailed them out.
Putting people to work in foreign companies such as BMW will help them,but it sends more to Germany.
I buy Americas when I can. My neighbors all buy *** cars.

I went to Lowe to get a new gas grill. Only one made here ....from Texas. You had to buy a $50 smoker to go with it and no gas.
First, sorry about the report. I thought that was it. If I get around to it, I will look for it again.

Second, so what if buying a BMW sends some money to Germany? Most of it remains here at home employing American workers. It's just a great illustration of the fact money that flows out of this country must find it's way back here in order to be worth anything. BMW and other foreign owned businesses have all over the world to invest their hard earned money. Yet, the choose to invest here in American workers. What's so wrong with that? Even phil for Maine complains all about Chinese goods selling in stores, yet has a job today because a Chinese person chose to invest in the very mill he works at.

Right now we need to be encouraging this foreign investment by reducing regulations and corporate taxes. Instead, Obama is talking out of both sides of his mouth. He claims to want jobs but has been greatly increasing regulations, canceling permits and greatly raising taxes. It's a wonder why we aren't at an even higher unemployment rate.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although only 10% of the Asian car shareholders are American, and that 50-70% of the parts going into the vehicles are made here, one has to remember that they do employ thousands of american workers both union and non union. BMW will be assembling a quarter million SUV's this next year here alone in Spartansburg. The increase of their SUV line will send the Z4 production back to Germany for the time being. Frankly, I was totally unaware of the vast number of the models that are built here, by all of the overseas producers and many models are tied into the product lines of the Big Three. Its stated that the cost of manufacturing here is cheaper then doing it abroad. Time will tell how this all plays out.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:07 AM
Spike

I'm not saying more handouts don't hurt, but stopping medical malpractice lawsuits would go a long way towards reducing the money sent to the insurance companies. Money that could be spent on so many other things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.