Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot >

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
Are you familiar with the 'tu quoque' fallacy? The question here is the recent rhetoric, not if others had been guilty of inflamed rhetoric in the past.

Blah, blah, blah... Point is, there is nothing unusual about the Palin Target Map. And, it is utterly asinine of anyone to suggest that it had anything to do with this incident, or, at this point, to even suggest that this incident had anything to do with "heated rhetoric." President BO's rhetoric ("...bring a gun...") is at least as inflammatory as any of the Republican rhetoric, so why is no one blaming him?

And, there is NOTHING linking this guy to the right. According to Pima County, he's a registered independent...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Spike

Another example of a "nut" who shouldn't have been able to get a gun, at least not legally, being able to, and others "who can't" and should.

Btw did you see reports of people running towards the shots, especially those who were carrying concealed? I don't think people would be running toward gunshots in other states when concealed carry isn't practiced. People would be running the other way. We need concealed carry everywhere! All 50 states, school zones, etc...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
Blah, blah, blah... Point is, there is nothing unusual about the Palin Target Map. And, it is utterly asinine of anyone to suggest that it had anything to do with this incident, or, at this point, to even suggest that this incident had anything to do with "heated rhetoric." President BO's rhetoric ("...bring a gun...") is at least as inflammatory as any of the Republican rhetoric, so why is no one blaming him?

And, there is NOTHING linking this guy to the right. According to Pima County, he's a registered independent...
AAhh....but why waste a perfectly good crisis when political advantage can be gained ? what reprehensible troglodytes....
Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bergall View Post
AAhh....but why waste a perfectly good crisis when political advantage can be gained ? what reprehensible troglodytes....
From DailyKOS, in article by MarKOS himself...

... I've bolded members of the Blue Dogs for added emphasis.

Giffords, Gabrielle (AZ-08)

Not all of these people will get or even deserve primaries, but this vote certainly puts a bulls eye on their district.
Of course, it is only the "most recent" incendiary rhetoric that matters...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blah, blah, blah... Point is ...
So you recognize the fallacy and how your post fits in?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
So you recognize the fallacy and how your post fits in?
It's two completely separate issues. The left is claiming that inflammatory rhetoric on the right, including the Palin Target Map, caused this incident. I don't believe that inflammatory rhetoric had anything to do with it, right or left.

For your "logical fallacy" to apply, I would have to cede the claim that the the Palin Target Map was a cause of this tragedy, and then assert that, because the Democrats also used Target Maps, Palin's Maps were OK.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming that all of the "inflammatory" rhetoric is on the right, when there is at least as much coming from the left, unrelated to this incident. I'm not ceding that rhetoric by either side was a cause or contributory factor.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

“Don’t you think we’re not keeping score, brother” – Obama

“Bring it on”- Obama Regime to The American People.

“Get ready for hand-to-hand combat with your fellow Americans” – Obama

“I want all Americans to get in each others faces! – Obama

“You bring a knife to a fight, we’ll bring a gun” – Obama

"Republicans are our enemies"--Obama

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

Obama: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”

Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”

Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”

Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”

Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

“the Cambridge Police acted Stupidly” ” – Beer Summit Gaffe Leader

“God Damn America” – Barrack Hussein Obama’s Spiritual Advisor

“We should rip the heart right out of the chest of a former Vice President of The United States!”
– Left Wing Hate Hero And Agitator for Leftist Terrorism – Shultz
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are just a few jeep...you have to hand it to him, hes got all the rally cries. What a leader.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

The perp failed the Army drug test.

A military official in Washington said the Army rejected Jared Loughner in 2008 because he failed a drug test. The official spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because privacy laws prevent the military from disclosing such information about an individual's application.

The official did not know what type of drug was detected in the screening.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot
Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

For your "logical fallacy" to apply, I would have to cede the claim that the the Palin Target Map was a cause of this tragedy, and then assert that, because the Democrats also used Target Maps, Palin's Maps were OK.
Not at all. All you have to cede is that we are talking about the GOP and you cited a different political party. Irrelevantly. (You don't have to cede the last part -- it goes without saying.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.