Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Your Vote DOES Count!! >

Your Vote DOES Count!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Your Vote DOES Count!!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Your Vote DOES Count!!

I know this is an article principally about illegal votes by felons BUT, if you read down the partial transcript below, it states a final vote count resulted in Al Franken beating his opponent by only 312 votes for a U.S. Senate seat. Just imagine if an extra 400 Republicans, conservatives or even decline-to-state voters had said no way and voted for the Republican opponent Norm Coleman. Franken was the 60th Democrat voted into congress and the anti-filibuster vote. So for those who are undecided about voting, YES, your vote COUNTS. Please vote responsibly.

Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

By Ed Barnes
Published July 12, 2010
| FoxNews.com

AP
A study finds that at least 341 convicted felons voted illegally in the election that made former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken a U.S. senator in 2008.

The six-month election recount that turned former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken into a U.S. senator may have been decided by convicted felons who voted illegally in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

That's the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records......
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...a-study-finds/
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went Early Voting , Last Thursday the line was about a block long.
There is quiete a battle going on this year.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Little Doe Peep

Talking

Absolutely, every vote counts. And even if there's a Republican landslide, I want to be able to say that I was a part of it.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel the same way. Voted at 0900 this morning. Tonights news should be pretty entertaining.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can felons not vote in MN? or why was it illegal?

No reason a felon should not be able to vote.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
Can felons not vote in MN? or why was it illegal?

They cannot vote or possess firearms here either.

Not only that, but if I am elected Empress (according to the Constitution, I will not be old enough to be president) in 2012, violent felons will be emasculated.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

For some odd reason, most (all?) states decided that when some scumbag rapist, murderer, child molester, crackhead, etc. chose their path in life and got convicted, they lost their right to vote. You know, it's one of those aggravating things that goes along with being imprisoned--you loose your rights and privileges. 'Course libs don't like that, because if strictly enforced they loose a lot of votes...or even the entire election--just ask al franken.

Last edited by LBR; 11-02-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
For some odd reason, most (all?) states decided that when some scumbag rapist, murderer, child molester, crackhead, etc. chose their path in life and got convicted, they lost their right to vote. You know, it's one of those aggravating things that goes along with being imprisoned--you loose your rights and privileges. 'Course libs don't like that, because if strictly enforced they loose a lot of votes...or even the entire election--just ask al franken.
Not sure what your getting at, LBR. I had a buddy in college get caught with a very small amount of cocaine when he was 20 years old. Now he can't vote or possess a gun, but is a very successful business man. I don't agree with the whole being a felon and loss of rights. There has to be some kind of stipulations and degree of said felony established in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger View Post
Not sure what your getting at, LBR. I had a buddy in college get caught with a very small amount of cocaine when he was 20 years old. Now he can't vote or possess a gun, but is a very successful business man. I don't agree with the whole being a felon and loss of rights. There has to be some kind of stipulations and degree of said felony established in my opinion.
I believe most states have a procedure whereby you can petition the courts to reinstate these rights.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger View Post

So many of these type of incidences exist.

I've said it before and will say it again, there are people in this country who cannot legally get a firearm who should be able to, while at the same time there are people who can but should not be able to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.