Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Warning to church burning Quran 9-11 >

Warning to church burning Quran 9-11

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Warning to church burning Quran 9-11

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Warning to church burning Quran 9-11

U.S. Military Commander Issues Warning Ahead of Florida Church’s Planned Quran-Burning on Sept. 11
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
By Patrick Goodenough, International Editor

Afghans burn Dove World Outreach Center Pastor Terry Jones in effigy during a demonstration against the United States in Kabul on Monday, Sept. 6, 2010. (AP Photo/Musadeq Sadeq)
(CNSNews.com) – A week that culminates in the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and the end of Ramadan began with angry protests in two Muslim countries over plans by a small church in Florida to burn copies of the Quran on Saturday.

On the eve of the planned event, President Obama will hold a relatively rare presidential press conference, where the heated debates surrounding the “Ground Zero mosque” and the Quran-burning plans will likely come up.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats the big deal......i see these clowns in the picture burning the American Flag....Why can`t someone burn the quran.....it`s only a book and the person thats burning it has every right under "OUR LAW" don`t they ?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:17 AM
bigcountry

Burning the quan is not the Christian way.

The apostle Paul told us in Corinthians, that if eating sacraficed meat to pagan gods offends, don't do it, if eating anything offends another, don't do it.

Basically he was saying, as I understand it, hey if your trying to spread the good news of Christ, don't do it by being rude or offensive. He's not saying lay down at all, just don't be insensitive. Nobody has ever came to Christ by beaten over the head.

Its in the Holy Bible, I am sure many will have an issue with what I said.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post

Basically he was saying, as I understand it, hey if your trying to spread the good news of Christ, don't do it by being rude or offensive. He's not saying lay down at all, just don't be insensitive. Nobody has ever came to Christ by beaten over the head.

Its in the Holy Bible, I am sure many will have an issue with what I said.
I don't have a problem with what you said, but, I view it more as a political act rather than "trying to spread the good news of Christ." And, being rude, offensive and insensitive is how the political game is being played these days, right?

I'm likewise curious as to how the morons in that photo can demand that the people in Florida not burn Korans, while they themselves are burning an American Flag. Seems to me the world would have been a better place if, instead of taking a photo, the photographer had lobbed in a grenade...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hitler burned a bunch of books too
Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 View Post
Hitler burned a bunch of books too
Hitler also tried to exterminate a race of people just like the terrorist muslims would like to kill anyone who isn`t islamic.....
Old 09-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

True, but, I suspect for different purposes.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
Hitler also tried to exterminate a race of people just like the terrorist muslims would like to kill anyone who isn`t islamic.....
i am just saying, why would a "christian" organization stoop down to their level?
besides, its just stirring the pot
Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 View Post
i am just saying, why would a "christian" organization stoop down to their level?
besides, its just stirring the pot
I think like ipscshooter said.......it`s more a political act......
Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
I think like ipscshooter said.......it`s more a political act......
Folks can think on this: do they identify themselves as Christians, or as political conservatives? Which is first, and which is their calling card?

If it is as Christians, then I think their emphasis ought to be on the words of Jesus more than those of Rush or whomever (I say this as a reformed dittohead, and occasional listener). Conservative politics and Christian identity have gotten a little too closely wrapped, I think, and have compromised the latter.

IMHO, anyhows...

less than a week until bow season opens...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.