Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Never a judge before >

Never a judge before

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Never a judge before

Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never a judge before

did obama make someone to be a judge for life.... that has never been a judge?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 View Post
did obama make someone to be a judge for life.... that has never been a judge?
No, he's nominating her for the position, Congress still has to certify her. Sounds like a piss poor choice to me, there's no substitute for bench experience.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is no requirement for SCOTUS justices to be judges -- not even lawyers. Several in history have not been, and some have argued that it would be better if the SCOTUS were comprised of laymen (laypeople). Not saying I agree or approve... just something to think about.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by etothepii View Post
There is no requirement for SCOTUS justices to be judges -- not even lawyers. Several in history have not been, and some have argued that it would be better if the SCOTUS were comprised of laymen (laypeople). Not saying I agree or approve... just something to think about.

do tell? people to just listen
Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kind of to be expected from a President who has never held a real job before...
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

He can't hurt us bad enough by being in office for 1 term????? but this one we will live with for a generation.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
He can't hurt us bad enough by being in office for 1 term????? but this one we will live with for a generation.
Your getting the picture now.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep. One of many reasons that I was so opposed to Obama's election. Pray for the good health and long life of the conservatives on the Court, as the resignation of any one of them during Obama's tenure means the end of the 2nd Amendment...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
Kind of to be expected from a President who has never held a real job before...

So what was Bush's excuse when he nominated Harriet Meiers who also never served as a judge??
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

McCain would've done no different and then the knife would be in the back. At least Obama doesn't pretend to be something else. Looks us straight on and sticks ya.

Does the court just decide what it wants to talk about or is it brought to them by the people? Don't blame the court for the peoples failures.

Some well meaning single minded amendment advocate will come before the court and to get what they want sell out the legs it stands on not knowing the amendment can not stand on it's own dooming the whole body.

The law must be changed befor some person who thinks they know best what the country needs can get the legal authority to do it. It will most likely come via conservative republicans out of their hatred for the left. Seems we have time. This woman as wrong as I believe she is for the job maybe what stops that from happening out of her hatred for the right. Perfect balance of power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.