Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Screw the 10th amendment.  Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you. >

Screw the 10th amendment. Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Screw the 10th amendment. Watch out Arizona, Daddy is watching you.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by James B View Post
bho would love to destroy what is left of states rights. The Federal government was given very little power by the founding fathers because they knew local power of the people was the key to a free nation. Over the years, we have allowed the feds to do a complete flip flop of the constitution. The county sheriff should be the most powerful person in government if the power is left to the people.
Very well said and to me there is nothing more to talk about here.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

But the North's travesties made slavery look tame?
No, not the North in general, but individual acts committed by Northern troops. Murder, rape, torture, people burned out and left to starve or freeze......yes, to me these travesties make slavery look relatively tame. At least a slave was considered to be valuable property, and treated as such.

The institution of slavery and the South's refusal to abandon it are inexcusable.
Agreed, but a statement like that makes the South look like the only guilty party, which is blatently false.

The guilt starts with the African tribes that sold their fellow man, as POW's, to begin with. Then the slave traders, and everyone else along the line, including Northern slave owners.

You bring up a great point that shoots down a lot of the ridiculous arguments about the South--the Emancipation Proclamation was nothing more than pollitical chest-beating that didn't outlaw slavery in the North, and the South paid it no mind.

Slavery, and it being outlawed, only affected a tiny minority of Southern citizens. Even with slavery outlawed, blacks were generally treated as sub-human in both the North and South, and all points in-between.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Griswold View Post

I could go on, but that should suffice.
I bow, defeated by my learned collegue form south of the mason-dixon.

(i don't have to eat smoked brains for breakfast now, do I?)
Old 04-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by emptyquiver2 View Post
Does this mean I'll have to do my own landscaping?
That's funny! Yesterday when I was inspecting one of my projects I thought of a joke when I saw about 15 Mexicans building a 600 foot wide retainer wall. They appeared to be attacking the wall, and I had to laugh inside.
What did Jim Bowie say to Davey Crockett when he saw the Mexicans attacking the Alamo, "Are we pouring concrete today?"

Last edited by The Rev; 04-27-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

All kidding aside, from what Ive seen, they are talented and aren,t affraid to work and make a buck.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

All kidding aside, from what Ive seen, they are talented and aren,t affraid to work and make a buck.
I don't think no one is taking anything away from them as far as work ethics and talent. 25 years ago illegals were doing work that most of us didn't want to do. Today, they are doing jobs that many unemployed Americans would like to have.
I manage several multi million dollar construction jobs at a time, most of the trades today incorporate at least 60 percent Hispanic, I'm not saying they are all illegals, however I wonder just how many are and are taking way from Americans.
Send back the illegals and our unemployment goes away!

I have over a hundred men on this project, and it's only getting started, less than 10% are English speaking.

Last edited by The Rev; 04-27-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats the going labor wage for you compared to the general rate per hour?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Empty, they are people just like anyone else. Some are talented with a great work ethic, some couldn't out-smart a turnip, and some will work harder avoiding work than they would if they actually did the job.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whats the going labor wage for you compared to the general rate per hour?
We put the projects out to bid to qualified General Contractors, most are nationally know. The rate is determined from the specific geographical locations. Most don't vary much unless it's a union state.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the bids are very competitive and I'm sure the workers on our projects are making above average wages.

The above job is well over 7 million dollars, it's going to be a 14 screen movie theater, I work as the owners rep and project manager for our corporation we own several chains of movie theaters chains.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rifle_man View Post
Very well said and to me there is nothing more to talk about here.
Some of the worst violators of civil rights in the South were the county sheriffs, remember Bull Conner? The southern states have no one to blame but themselves for the activist role that the Federal Government took in the 1960s in the southern states. A hundred years earlier the 13'th, 14'th and 15'th Amendments to the Constitution were adopted that not only freed the slaves but affirmed their U.S citizenship and guaranteed the right to vote to all people regardless of race. For a hundred years the southern states ignored the Constitution and enacted laws that denied Blacks their Constitutionally guaranteed civil rights. By the 1960s a point had been reached where the Federal Government could no longer tolerate southern defiance on this issue and the threat of force had to be used to bring these states into compliance with the Constitution.

States Rights do not mean that states are free to abuse certain classes of residents of their state. No matter what state one lived in the Founding Fathers intended that all citizens were to enjoy the rights granted by the U.S. Constitution. When these Constitutional rights were extended to former slaves in the wake of the Civil War the southern states were obligated to respect them. When they did not, the Federal Government had not only the right but an obligation to ignore so-called states rights claims and insure that all Americans received the protections granted by the Constitution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.