Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Opinion from veterans >

Opinion from veterans

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Opinion from veterans

Old 11-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Opinion from veterans

4 years United States Infantry,,last 14 months were at the White House Honor Guard..SIR!!

Gays would be a big distraction sir!

They carry within themselves a strong demonic spirt ..and demonic spirits only cause division and confusion sir!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

A demonic spirit?
Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Dominant Buck

No keep the ban in place!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Leave the lawlike it is.

i spent a career in the US Army. During the time that i served gays were not allowed in the military: There were gays in the U S army, however. There werea fewguysi suspected of being gay but they never did anything out of line. One has a DSC anda Silver Star, heretired as a LTC. Only knew one guy who was a flaming homosexual: Caught him in the act with a Korean soldier. Went and got a witness who puked when he saw that.

The unit CO refused to press charges on the guy.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LBR

Is this an idea whose time has come
NO! Most soldiers have open bay showers, share a room with several others, etc. It's demoralizing, besides opening up a whole 'nother can of worms as far as "sexual harrassment", "hate crimes" etc. are concerned. We don't need that garbage in the military.

Chad
Honorably discharged from the USAF...and I would have to concur
Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'll add that "there's already some in there, so why not make it legal" makes as much sense as saying since we know there are child molesters in our midst, let's make that legal. There are prostitutes all over, legalize that too. Murder? Why not....no sense in descriminating.

Honorably discharged from the U.S. Army.

Chad
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 AM

I hate to be the one to tell you, but gays are already in the military. You think all marines are straight?? Not a chance bro. Child molestation is against the law, being gay isn't. I don't support the lifestyle, but how is Adam and Steve being together affecting you?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I hate to be the one to tell you, but gays are already in the military. You think all marines are straight?? Not a chance bro. Child molestation is against the law, being gay isn't. I don't support the lifestyle, but how is Adam and Steve being together affecting you?
+1; If homosexuals are willing to put their life on the line to protect our country, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to. Of course, I'm not homophobic though so its not surprise I feel this way
Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Dang it, I posted under my sons user name.

That's me above.
BB,
After that blowup mattress story I think I would havecounted that mistake a blessing and helped your son come up with another user name.

C. Davis
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Child molestation is against the law, being gay isn't.
It isn't allowed in the military--but what does it being legal have to do with the question? Did you serve? Whether you did or not, I guess you wouldn't have a problem getting in an open bay shower with 10 or 20 flaming gays? Or sharing a tent where you sleep dang near stacked on top of each other? Or on a sub? Or a room you have to share with 7 or 9 other guys?

Of course, I'm not homophobic though so its not surprise I feel this way
Of course, I assume you've never served in the armed forces yourself, and the question was asked for those of us who have. If you haven't served,then you really don't have a clue how you would feel.

Again, it would be a nightmare. Separate quarters for gays? Could male and female gays bunk together, since they have no desire for each other? Could gays of the same sex bunk together, or should they be separated just like normal males and females? Military guys aggravate and carry on with each other worse than construction crews (been there too)--I can just see the lawsuits and claims of "sexual harrassment".Not to mention the extra medical costs (my wife works in the medical field--'nuff said). Like I said, a whole bunch of garbage that the military doesn't need, and a distraction the soldiers don't need.

Chad

Quick Reply: Opinion from veterans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.